diy solar

diy solar

EVE or LISHEN

in my group we are waiting to receive about 500 cells among the colleagues, when they arrive we will do tests to see the capacity, I have the checker EBC-A40L, I'll give you the results
Let us all know how these cells perform. Doesn't seem to be much documented information about them yet. I am in the market for just four to make a small battery for he off grid cabin and wanting to purchase reliable cells. Turning out to be rather difficult as things coming from China are "hit or miss".

Let us all know how these cells perform. Doesn't seem to be much documented information about them yet. I am in the market for just four to make a small battery for he off grid cabin and wanting to purchase reliable cells. Turning out to be rather difficult as things coming from China are "hit or miss".
Give me a few months and I'll tell you how they're doing, and a few years to really find out ...

I've exchange 1 chat with Basen. They have SEVERAL listings for their batteries and many appear to be near exact duplicates.
I'm not sure this is a tactic to simply fill up search result screens with more of their listings than a competitor, but I don't personally like it.

However, they have separate listings for Lishen at both 272ah and 280ah nominal capacity. I thought it may be a typo, so I inquired and they replied that when the battery sets are 'matched' you will get 280ah capacity. I'm assuming the are 'prime bin' selections from their testing?
Even if it isn't true, The EVE are 6.6% higher priced for just 3% more capacity. But for just $5/battery, I'm leaning towards EVE just to be sure.

I like the idea of buying a spare.. but curious. Would rotating a couple batteries every few months extend the whole pack life or actually make it worse? I'm not sure it's even worth the hassle if it did.. :)

Shenzen Basen is not a good choice...

Xuba is offered me CATL 300AH and gave me the same mandarin PDF someone else in this thread linked.
I think I will bite the bullet and order them, I will ask them to see if the cells are part of the same batch. The QR code on the cells would indicate which batch they are, correct?

The other option I am considering is the linshen 272ah since there are few reputable resellers on this forum.
Did you pull the trigger?.
How did it pan out?

How did it pan out?
I have not been hearing good things about the 300+ah cells. I just received 16 of the Lishen 272ah cells that I ordered through @Michael B Caro . They came with studs laser welded on, so you don't have to worry about the threads stripping out. Just getting them charged up and top balanced. Building a box to put them in. I hope to do some load testing in a week or so.

Attachments

• 20210313_194442.jpg
    20210313_194442.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Battery Cells.jpg
    Battery Cells.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210321_214231.jpg
    20210321_214231.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 60
I have not been hearing good things about the 300+ah cells. I just received 16 of the Lishen 272ah cells that I ordered through @Michael B Caro . They came with studs laser welded on, so you don't have to worry about the threads stripping out. Just getting them charged up and top balanced. Building a box to put them in. I hope to do some load testing in a week or so.
Keep us informed. I am trying to decide what cells to buy and the ones you bought is on the list of "potentials"

How did it pan out?
At the time I wrote that, in the end I didn't buy them because someone else on here did. I was going to wait for their review. Also I actually moved to china just recently for work. I plan to find battery producers and see if I can sell and ship them directly to anyone interested.

Back