diy solar

diy solar

Exliporc 280Ah REPT batteries received 6-24-2021

Bud Martin

Solar Wizard
I just received my four 280Ah batteries ($85 ea $103 shiping charge) I order from Exliporc on April 27, shipped on May 10th, received on June 24th. I sign up with the UPS to get the tracking to see what is going on, Exliporc told me on the June 21st that the shipment has been sitting at the port and waiting for custom clearance, then today I got the package which I was surprised since the UPS did not send me any notification at all and I have been checking with the UPS since June 22nd.
Here are some pictures.

Exliporc batt_rec_6-24-2021_2.jpg
Exliporc batt_rec_6-24-2021_3.jpg
Exliporc batt_rec_6-24-2021_6.jpg
Exliporc batt_rec_6-24-2021_12.jpg
Exliporc batt_rec_6-24-2021_13.jpg

Last edited:
I received my Luyuang 280’s on the 23rd, shipped on April 19.
Same deal on the no notice delivery, via Fed Ex. I was given a tracking number, which was also not used.
The downside is that this makes it difficult to inspect on delivery.
I think this is a problem, but the cells were not - all matching exactly at 3.31v.

I just received my four 280Ah batteries ($85 ea $103 shiping charge) I order from Exliporc on April 27, shipped on May 10th, received on June 24th. I sign up with the UPS to get the tracking to see what is going on, Exliporc told me on the June 21st that the shipment has been sitting at the port and waiting for custom clearance, then today I got the package which I was surprised since the UPS did not send me any notification at all and I have been checking with the UPS since June 22nd.
Here are some pictures.

I order from Exploric as well. Order around May 5th. Was told they shipped May 24th.
I checked with Exploric yesterday (6/23) and was told they were at US customs awaiting clearance. However after reading your posts it seems that my batteries may just show up without notice? Was told originally it would be UPS then changed to FedEx. So who knows. I just hope the batteries are good and what I paid for.
Are you satisfied with your shipment @Bud Martin ?

I order from Exploric as well. Order around May 5th. Was told they shipped May 24th.
I checked with Exploric yesterday (6/23) and was told they were at US customs awaiting clearance. However after reading your posts it seems that my batteries may just show up without notice? Was told originally it would be UPS then changed to FedEx. So who knows. I just hope the batteries are good and what I paid for.
Are you satisfied with your shipment @Bud Martin ?
The shipping time is fine, I believe my package was sitting at the custom for about a week. The batteries are well packed, two per box which I believe it has less chance of getting damaged.
I am charging one of the 4 cells right now, then I will run the Ampacity test to see how good the cells are, it will take awhile.

I also order on April 27th, shipped May 11th and was toLS they were to hit port June 8th….they haven’t showed up yet and UPS tracking shows not shipped yet, but as you guys are saying, they could just show up, hopefully soon. Not sure where you guys are located, I m in Oregon.

I also order on April 27th, shipped May 11th and was toLS they were to hit port June 8th….they haven’t showed up yet and UPS tracking shows not shipped yet, but as you guys are saying, they could just show up, hopefully soon. Not sure where you guys are located, I m in Oregon.
I am in SF Bay area. The UPS just left the two boxes on the front door and did not even ring my door bell, luckily the thief did not get to it first.

Thanks , well hopefully mine aren’t far behind.

EDIT: update, just ran the tracking again and they are on their way!

I’m in South Carolina. So I’m sure you guys would have gotten yours before me being in Oregon & SF Bay Area respectively.
I can’t find where Exploric has given me a tracking for FedEx or UPS.

My tracking number is on my order info on Alibaba. Some tracking info is finally showing up and it looks like I should get mine Monday.

So I finally finish charging each cell to 3.55V, each one takes about 23 Hours and each one takes in about 223Ah so they are very consistence.
I will now put them in parallel and charge them to about 3.6V and will let them sit for a couple day and then I will build the pack and do the ampacity test as a pack instead of testing each cell.

I finish the battery pack capacity test! Very happy with the result.
I first charge each cell to 3.55V, each takes in about 223Ah, so they are very consistence. then I top balance the cells in parallel to 3.55V once thats done then I connect them in series withe BMS and circuit breaker. I use Reliable 1500W 12V inverter with the power meter connected to the input of the inverter, I use fans as the load of around 30A.
I discharge it down to about 10.80V, the Ampacity comes out to be 290Ah! same as I was told by Exliporc when they test these 280Ah REPT cells. The Min-Max Voltage difference between cells is about 15mV until it gets close to the end, ending up at about 150mV when the pack reaches 10.8V.
I really like these REPT cells, especially the screw post that has 8mm thread depth, I use 20mm long screws which is about perfect.
I will buy again from Expliporc when I build another pack in the future.
I paid $85 each in May 2021, not sure how much they are today. The contact person is Summer Feng, I got great customer service from her.
Capacity test_2.jpg

Capacity test_3.jpg

Capacity test_4.jpg

Capacity test_1.jpg

Last edited:
So do we call this a shameless plug, or.. do we say something like leave the paid shilling to Amazon.. My REPT cells have no qr code, and the voltages were not completely exact. So far they are testing well, but they are grade B+ cells.. My guess is if you order them, yours will be too. Pay accordingly. I am still considering a chargeback and one cell may need replacement. So.. perfect and sunshine and clouds? NO. Pretty good so far? I think so, especially considering what I paid ($100 shipped per unit on a large order).

Shameless plug, paid shilling? This is the third vendor (Fist one were from MEI on Aliexpress, second is from BASEN in 2020) I order my batteries from and I am happy with the price and the result I get from all 3 vendors so far. Is that a problem to you?
Whom did you buy your REPT cells from?

Last edited:
Shameless plug, paid shilling? This is the third vendor (Fist one were from MEI on Aliexpress, second is from BASEN in 2020) I order my batteries from and I am happy with the price and paid and the result I get from all 3 vendors so far. Is that a problem to you?
It is well known to us gai-jin that some business practices considered acceptable in China are seen as unethical by American standards.

And there is no unethical business practices by American companies even though the American companies make you want to believe that they have high business practice?
Ever heard of Big Battery company with the so called 'Award winning Customer service'? Does the BB disclose that the batteries in their units are grade A brand new? Threat to sue Will for honest review?
One example:

Last edited:
And there is no unethical business practices by American companies even though the American companies make you want to believe that they have high business practice?
You are right, and it may be said that when the Phoenix rose from the ashes, it was heaven's will.

Still waiting on my batteries shipped May 29 from Exliporc. Alibaba now shows the order as complete which is done automatically after a number of days. Summer Feng tells me to keep waiting when I ask about the status.

Still waiting on my batteries shipped May 29 from Exliporc. Alibaba now shows the order as complete which is done automatically after a number of days. Summer Feng tells me to keep waiting when I ask about the status.
I ordered from Exilporc on April 30. Received on July 26. I didn’t get the correct UPS tracking number until July 15, when I reached out to Exilporc. Yeah, it makes you nervous not knowing what’s going on. It seems most get here, eventually.

I ordered from Exilporc on April 30. Received on July 26. I didn’t get the correct UPS tracking number until July 15, when I reached out to Exilporc. Yeah, it makes you nervous not knowing what’s going on. It seems most get here, eventually.
I ordered April 29, shipped May 29, still waiting. No change in the tracking info beyond "Label created". I'm in Ontario, Canada so who knows what that does to the timeline.

Back