diy solar

diy solar

Experience: Ogreen Lifepo4 cell Store (Aliexp)

Deyedreamer

Hi everyone.

Has anyone dealt with this Aliexpress company before.
There prices seem reasonable and have mostly good feedback.
They are offering 16 x 200ah Lifepo4 batteries for $1780 AUS including shipping.
They are supposed to be (voltage, capacity, and resistance matched).
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, Amy at docan is out of stock of most lower ampmerage batteries.

Product parameters:
"Include Screw and BusBars

Battery Type:Lithium iron phosphate
Rechargeable:Yes
Grade:Grade A
Brand New:Yes
Shell Material:plastic
Nomincal Capacity:200AH
Nominal Voltage:3.2V
Cut off Charge Voltage:3.65V
Cut off Discharge Voltage:2.5V
Internal impedance:≤0.5mΩ
Recommend Constant Charge Current:0.5C
Max Charge Current :1C
Recommend Constant Discharge Current:0.5C
Max Discharge Current:3C
Dimensions(L*W*H):182*71*275mm
Weight:5.7kg±0.3kg
Cycle life(80% DOD):6000 times
Charging Temperature:0℃ ~ 45℃
Discharging Temperature:-20~55°C
Screw Size:M8
Suit for System:12V 24V 48V 72V 96V 108V Solar Energy Storage System
Applicantion:RV Vans Campers EV Boats Yacht Golf Carts Forklift Solar Battery

I read somewhere that these plastic cased LFP Calb cells stopped production 3 years ago!?

I have ordered 32 cells with 280AH.
The cells are newly stickered and have no QR code on the outside. The QR code is hidden under a thicker plastic cover. The QR code has been made somewhat unrecognisable but with a little luck you can identify something like this: V0917AQ10636 ETC CLH3L7 (3rd line is unreadable). Maybe you can decipher this? I didn't find anything to decode it.

After months of hassling with the cells and Ogreen not wanting to help me I have now bought an EBC-A40L and am measuring less than 200Ah on the first cells.
I am currently collecting evidence for Aliexpress and hope to get my money back or a A-grade replacement.

Interesting enough, being experiencing the same thing, Ogreen sale from past summer, "Brand New Grade A 280AH", turns out they were 240AH originally, worst one 170AH, best one 199AH as reported by EBC A20, all QRs scratched and hidden under black adhesive on top, all ETC CLH3L7 for which I find this thread and not much more.
Currently in advanced dispute, I obtained about 50% refund proposal from Aliexpress (the seller has been shamelessly lying using selected screenshots of my EBC A20 testing videos, saying that I started tests from 3.5V, or from 2.5V, you should see how ludicrous they were).

I now need to send some proof they are "counterfeit" as I claimed in my last message, but that would take "official inspection by brand owner", and I see no official web presence for "ETC" cells. My line of defence will probably be that, having been all covered up with scratched QR and false capacity declared on sale page, they are by default counterfeit, as I'm for sure not getting any more harder evidence.

01/2023:
I also got 8 pcs. "Liitokala 3.2V 280Ah lifepo4 batteries" yesterday (took about 8 weeks to germany, parcel without damage). Under top plastic cover there is strange QR and ETC CLH3L7 / 768Wh = 240Ah, so its FAKE 280Ah. The internal resistance is 0.30-0.40mΩ. Good batterys do have 0.1-0.2mΩ. Some seem to be a little bit swollen. I am not verry happy, maybe the batteries are pre-used. Lets see how the started dispute on Aliex ends...

Hope this prevents some others from buying that fake batteries, you wont save money with that ;)

Edit 04/2023:
- On Aliex it ended with 50$ refund. I agreed, because i didn't had hope to get more. So my end price for 8 Cells was about 600$
- In action the ETC batteries do have about 200A. The drift is rather high, so i had to buy an 6A active ballancer. Start and end of cycle ends in drifting voltages anyway.
- I can use the cells and price/Amp. was not too bad. But i have no idea how long they will work.
- Now I buyed a second 8S pack of new EVE280A cells (1000$) an took it parallel to the ETC 8S pack. This is my working config now.
- This is the link to the realy new EVE280A: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Qishou-6000-Times-Cycles-3-2V_1600145493108.html

IMG_20230129_152935.jpg IMG_20230129_153520.jpgIMG_20230129_153002.jpg

Last edited:
wow, these ETC's seem to be a best buy for aliexpress scammers :) At least yours were not scratched almost out of existence.
I just sold my cells locally, but I advertised the real capacity. And today I started testing these 16x EVE 304Ah I got from Docan on Alibaba, arrived brand new (looking so), EBC A20 and A40L working side by side.

Back