diy solar

diy solar

Experience purchasing EVE304Ah cells from Amy Peng @ Shenzhen Qishou Technology

HGPilot

Good Morning Folks,

Could someone share their experience purchasing cells from Amy Peng @ Shenzhen Qishou Technology?

She quoted me EVE 304AH $118/pcs. promising Brand New Grade A cells with no swelling blah blah...

I saw Andy from the Off Grid Garage purchasing from her and he was happy.

Currently Docan is only offering CATL 302Ah and I am not sure about CATL...

As always your input is greatly appreciated!

A

Tell her to give you the green / yellow spread sheet form EVE that shows the capacity, all 3 volt readings and all 3 OHM readings for EACH cell including the case ID.
If she does you have a great price,

If she doesn't then you are being tricked and are getting grade B.

Any news regarding this? Planing on buying 16 Cells.
Got my first 4 cells from Amy Wan. But now with the current prices she is asking for Grade A Cells, that's a hefty price increase. $120 per Cells also sounds a bit too good to be true. I would take A- cells if the capacity gets hit.

So really interested in any news, test results, sheets?

Any news regarding this? Planing on buying 16 Cells.
Got my first 4 cells from Amy Wan. But now with the current prices she is asking for Grade A Cells, that's a hefty price increase. $120 per Cells also sounds a bit too good to be true. I would take A- cells if the capacity gets hit.

So really interested in any news, test results, sheets?
Got my cells.
Not impressed.
Amy is nice to deal with but cells are swollen somewhat and some pull below capacity.
They don't have the green and yellow spreadsheet and you have to ask her specifically to see if they even have some cells that came with it. I can't test for now 1C discharge rate but pretty sure it would fail.
Andy probably got a special deal for marketing purposes...
A

Well now they are going to be marked with B letter on the qr code so I doubt they will still be able to claim grade A.

Here is how an official test report looks like

There are 3 grade A sellers we know of:

Luyuan from China
Sun Fun Kits From USA
Sepolos (not sure if this is confirmed) also from China.

Reactions: RJR
Just a note on Qishou. I requested certification on the batteries and was sent a fake CE certificate.
I don't know if this was fraudulent behaviour on purpose or what, just be warning.

I tested my cells at work and none of them discharged at 1C rate. Voltage drops and they become unstable. All of these are factory rejects that were suppose to be marked B but probably were sold off to Alibaba vendors at cost.
Amy was nice and gave me $800 discount but I still ended up with cells that are swollen and non certified. They are killing the cell market and this is why people are going with the server rack batteries instead. EVE cells directly from EVE are 50% more plus a pallet shipping cost. I guess we get what we pay for. It was a costly experience for me and now I know better.

I tested my cells at work and none of them discharged at 1C rate. Voltage drops and they become unstable. All of these are factory rejects that were suppose to be marked B but probably were sold off to Alibaba vendors at cost.
Amy was nice and gave me $800 discount but I still ended up with cells that are swollen and non certified. They are killing the cell market and this is why people are going with the server rack batteries instead. EVE cells directly from EVE are 50% more plus a pallet shipping cost. I guess we get what we pay for. It was a costly experience for me and now I know better.
Amy ripped me off but was "nice"

That's not nice.

Anyway thank you all for posting your horror stories. I went with new EV certified from 18650batterystore. US stock they are scheduled to arrive monday. No shipping chg, no extra tax, no alibaba, no CC fees. If they aren't what I bought Amex will give them a prismatic suppository. In the end I'm pretty sure they'll be cheaper than B cells from china considering lifetime and bad cells.
The deal I got was $149 ea for 48.

According to Lampard LI from EVE store on Alibaba the batts sold by 18650batterystore do not have the Blue EVE seal of quality but they are ESS grade. So apparently EVE does have ESS grade cells.

The 105 cells they have are EV grade.

According to Lampard LI from EVE store on Alibaba the batts sold by 18650batterystore do not have the Blue EVE seal of quality but they are ESS grade. So apparently EVE does have ESS grade cells.

The 105 cells they have are EV grade.
What is the 'ESS' grade?

Amy ripped me off but was "nice"

That's not nice.

Anyway thank you all for posting your horror stories. I went with new EV certified from 18650batterystore. US stock they are scheduled to arrive monday. No shipping chg, no extra tax, no alibaba, no CC fees. If they aren't what I bought Amex will give them a prismatic suppository. In the end I'm pretty sure they'll be cheaper than B cells from china considering lifetime and bad cells.
The deal I got was $149 ea for 48.
May I ask which cells did you buy?

Can somebody give me an account of Amy Peng, is she a member of this forum?

Last edited:
Well now they are going to be marked with B letter on the qr code so I doubt they will still be able to claim grade A.

Here is how an official test report looks like

There are 3 grade A sellers we know of:

Luyuan from China
Sun Fun Kits From USA
Sepolos (not sure if this is confirmed) also from China.
This one ? : https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_title.40324276JqcFJA

No,

Amy is also selling grade B now :cautious:

but still has grade A:
Thanks Alkaline, so the supplier in the last link is trustworthy ?

she is , but still as mentioned before..

as a rule of thumb , i would stay away for the 280K cells for a while, and do select the 304's

Pay by credit card not check, that is how you make all vendors trust worthy.

Now it is rare but if something happens understand since your buying from overseas there is no return, even with Amy Wan. So if this is important to you try to find a vendor with in your country.

So aside of them getting help in customs or shipping damage, you should be good to go.

Having had both grade B and A I prefer A to avoid the issues and to me its worth the price, despite getting some 280K cells.

Back