diy solar

diy solar

Experiences or opinions on the Chargery BMS?

@MondeoMan Whether we fully agree or not this is a very interesting concept. I just wish it was in its own thread. Do you think you could sum up your thoughts and hypothesis then put them in its own thread in the battery section.. Since this really has nothing to do with the Chargery and I bet a lot of people are missing out on something that could be very important.

Exactly ... The Chargery part of the thread has been lost ... The discussion has been sidetracked.

I've noticed that voltage reading is not very accurate as well. Is there any alternatives to this BMS that have similar functionality?
I'm taking my words back:
I had defective BMS board that was draining one cell constantly, also it caused incorrect voltage readings. Don't know what happened to BMS main module..
After purchasing new unit - all voltage diff cell reading within 5mV.

How many places do you intend to post this?
I've got my 1st BMS faulty right out of the box, then another person contacted me about this BMS with same issue. My intention is find why it's happening and potentially solve this. No intention to spam.

That's a good question. lacks too much info.
let me know what additional info needed. I performed one more test, when battery was fully charged, then charge/discharge was disconnected and only BMS was connected to battery, after few days it went out of balance.
Same test but without BMS - batteries remained balanced. I don't have tool to measure internal resistance, but this test tells me that pack itself is fine. Please let me know what other info is needed to identify problem.

You can start by saying its your video not leading us to think it is someone else.

The Chargery can measure IR. Like I said on the other thread put a clamp meter over the balance leads and show how much energy is passing through.

I've got my 1st BMS faulty right out of the box, then another person contacted me about this BMS with same issue. My intention is find why it's happening and potentially solve this. No intention to spam.
Seems like it would be better to post the video in one place and link to it ..... as craig said, it's pretty disingenuous to post the video without indicating it is your video.

Please decide which of these threads you want to keep active so people aren't having to post on each one.

unfortunately bad review...

I didn't like the Chargery either.
Not sure why it matters that you posted your own video. The statement you made may have lead these guys to think you found a bad review not that you actually did the work and the bad review stands just the same.

Reactions: Dzl
I didn't like the Chargery either.
Not sure why it matters that you posted your own video. The statement you made may have lead these guys to think you found a bad review not that you actually did the work and the bad review stands just the same.
What was your problem with the Chargery? And what did you find that was better?

What was your problem with the Chargery? And what did you find that was better?
The settings are clunky and not always intuitive. I had issues getting the current calibrated and the balancing seemed too slow. Also it does not balance below 3 volts. I know I know a pre bottom balanced pack is best but if I am utilizing something like the chargery i would like it to cover all the bases.

I switched to a very basic active balancer and installed voltage displays on each battery. I have a regular BMS too, but haven't installed it. The LV2424 will shut down if pack voltage is below 21 volts and I have a 100A DC breaker so no much worried about over current or undervoltage and my basement will never get to a temp low enough so the active balancer is all i really needed.

similar balancer:

Internal resistance:
IMG_3157.JPG

one hour later:
IMG_3158.JPG

Active balancer was off entire time.

It was question about IR. so posting it here.
Pack was disconnected from load and charge.

Back