diy solar

diy solar

Expert Power 12v 200Ah (EP12200) battery

DJP5520

Does anyone have any experience with this battery?
I searched these forums for this in particular, can't find any thoughts or recommendations.
Trying to decide between 2 100Ah or 1 200Ah battery.
I do not have any solar, but hopefully in the future.
I do have a generator.
Thanks...

Did you ever find any other info on those batteries @DJP5520 ? I am no battery expert, but I have been running a pair of lead acid batteries and can you give you some of my thoughts and information I have found so far as well as my thought process going into this.

The reason I went with lead acid batteries was because they were given to me by my neighbor for free. He upgraded to lithium batteries. I can say maintaining them is fairly simple. I have kept them in a cool and dry environment. I have not seen any sulfation yet. Lead acid does prefer to be topped off versus lithium though. In terms of quality and build, I am pretty sure it is standard. On Amazon, they have mixed reviews on it, but since it is sold and shipped by Amazon, it should be an easy return if need. I do not see a warranty on the Expert Power though, so you probably only get like 30 days. I would go for the 200Ah battery. Even though it says 200Ah, you are really only getting 100Ah because you do not want to discharge them more than 50%. Based off of camelcamelcamel, the price has jumped up about $100 more than last year. Given the price point, have you thought about Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries? Will just did a test and tear down on a 12v 200Ah SOK battery, but you can get the 100Ah version for $570. There are other tear down and video reviews on Youtube that were all positive for the SOK battery. Here is a link to the SOK battery site. You also get 7 years warranty on the SOK battery and is serviceable. The battery weight I think makes a huge difference. The AGM battery weighs 132lbs, but the SOK battery weighs only 26lbs. One last thing, the dimensions. The size of 2 SOK batteries is the size of 1 of the AGM batteries. If I were to move to a new set of batteries, I think I would be moving to lithium iron phosphate. The batteries take up a lot of space.

Back