diy solar

diy solar

Exploding Delta Pros

Here is my experience: I have 2 brand new Delta Pros and 2 extra batteries. I charged all up to 100% and everything looked great - everything on the monitors appeared to be working. I had a retired commercial building electrician come to wire it into my main panel. Looking at the manual transfer switch which only allowed for 4-120v circuits, he reasoned that he could wire up the L14-30 outlet directly to an unused 20a dipole breaker already in the main panel and just shut off the main breaker to use the solar system and pick and choose which circuits to use not exceeding 60a. That sounded great to me and so that is what he did. Shutting off all the breakers including the main and then turning on the 20a dipole breaker and the breaker to my basement lights, the fun began. We witnessed all 7 LED lights go out one at a time and the Delta Pros go to zeros in the output and input on the monitor screen. Shutting off the DP's and restarting, one showed an overload 121 code, the other nothing more and still no codes - just the zeroed input and output. The electrician then checked each prong on the L14-30 for voltage and it checked out okay. He then plugged in the Delta Pros because he said he wanted to test the ouput from the double voltage hub - wrong move. I could smell something burning and told him to unplug them. The DP that showed a 121, now showed a 022. Neither has power to the outlets on their front panels, the Double Voltage Hub just blinks. I assumed then that was the need for a transfer switch to avoid such a surge, but I'm not an electrician. My electrician friend is still questioning its need. I contacted support and they told me to disconnect all the cables and wait for 2 hours and turn them back on, that's when the 022 appeared on the one inverter. I don't know what all was fried or the cost of repair, and with what my electrician is saying, I don't have a clue what happened. I'm sure this completely voided the warranty. I contacted Eco Flow, but have not heard back from them.

This is why I never buy something based on a "paid promotion" video on the tube or until they have been around a few years. These paid actors simply jump from product to product (usually the ones paying the best commission on sales) and I see them contradict themselves over and over again. Feel bad for anyone who ends up either injured or out of pocket because someone on the tube said how good a product is.

Here is my experience: I have 2 brand new Delta Pros and 2 extra batteries. I charged all up to 100% and everything looked great - everything on the monitors appeared to be working. I had a retired commercial building electrician come to wire it into my main panel. Looking at the manual transfer switch which only allowed for 4-120v circuits, he reasoned that he could wire up the L14-30 outlet directly to an unused 20a dipole breaker already in the main panel and just shut off the main breaker to use the solar system and pick and choose which circuits to use not exceeding 60a. That sounded great to me and so that is what he did. Shutting off all the breakers including the main and then turning on the 20a dipole breaker and the breaker to my basement lights, the fun began. We witnessed all 7 LED lights go out one at a time and the Delta Pros go to zeros in the output and input on the monitor screen. Shutting off the DP's and restarting, one showed an overload 121 code, the other nothing more and still no codes - just the zeroed input and output. The electrician then checked each prong on the L14-30 for voltage and it checked out okay. He then plugged in the Delta Pros because he said he wanted to test the ouput from the double voltage hub - wrong move. I could smell something burning and told him to unplug them. The DP that showed a 121, now showed a 022. Neither has power to the outlets on their front panels, the Double Voltage Hub just blinks. I assumed then that was the need for a transfer switch to avoid such a surge, but I'm not an electrician. My electrician friend is still questioning its need. I contacted support and they told me to disconnect all the cables and wait for 2 hours and turn them back on, that's when the 022 appeared on the one inverter. I don't know what all was fried or the cost of repair, and with what my electrician is saying, I don't have a clue what happened. I'm sure this completely voided the warranty. I contacted Eco Flow, but have not heard back from them.
Oh gawd!!! Sorry to hear this. Good luck!

Seems to me that a lot of Delta Pro owners as well as other models (Delta Max, River Pro, etc) have experienced a multitude of problems. I have a Delta Pro with one expansion battery. It works fine when I only charge it via solar panels. But if I connect it to my house AC outlet, after a few seconds it would beep, the screen flashes "50Hz OVERLOAD" and charging is shut off. This happens with no load or with minimal load such as a laptop power supply. They say the updated firmware fixes this issue. It did not fix the issue for me. I'm only using solar charging for now.

After reading about other Ecoflow owners problems on other forums, reddit, and other places, it is really making me upset.

Last edited:
Back