diy solar

diy solar

Export Limit with Growatt inverters?

I got the following Pricing in Canadian
GRO-3800TL-XH(3.8kW, 240VAC, stackable to 6x)-$1106
GRO-6000TL-XH (6kW, 240VAC, Stackable to 6x + WiFi module + Tigo transmitter)-$1526.
GRO-10000TL-XH (10kW, 240VAC, stackable to 6x + WiFi module)-$1855.
GRO-ARO 9.9 (9.9KWK, 360VDC battery for XH)-$9108.
SPH/XH ATS 5000T (25A, up to 5kW secondary circuit)-$674
SPH/XH ATS 11400T ( 50A, up to 5kW secondary circuit)-$897
SPH/XH ATS SYN 200TL (200A, up to 10kW secondary w/ smart meter)- $1947.
Smart Electricity Meter SM-US-20- $267

They are from https://microgreen.ca/growatt-residential/inverters-overview

So for me.. Looking at the 10000TL-XH
I would also need an ATS, so maybe the SPH/XH ATS 11400T. Not sure the difference between the the 11400T and 5000T as they both say up to 5kW Secondary circuit.

If I get my permit from my hydro company I might skit the Smart Meter. I am not sure what it gives you if your able to export to grid.

I found this diagram helpful for me to wrap my brain around the wiring:
1638318962865.png

I took this from Growatts installation guide found here: https://www.growatt-america.com/show-9-633.html
page 29

I need to read more about the ATS and the batteries they support.

Wrong thread.

This thread is about Growatt inverters supporting zero-export-to-CT-sensor capability (of which only the SPH model qualifies, from what I’ve understood).

Wrong thread.

This thread is about Growatt inverters supporting zero-export-to-CT-sensor capability (of which only the SPH model qualifies, from what I’ve understood).
I maybe wrong... These support the CT Clamp option (Smart Electricity Meter SM-US-20) and have export power limitations in the menu.
I have not found much on it yet and still making my way through some of the documentation. If you grab part 3 of the user manual https://www.growatt-america.com/show-9-633.html
Goto page 10

1638319917260.png

Not positive but these I believe will do what you want.

Wrong thread.

This helps to

1638320212631.png

To add they appear to be UL listed and have some CSA (for us Canadians) certs as well.

This helps to

View attachment 74034

To add they appear to be UL listed and have some CSA (for us Canadians) certs as well.
I admit that looks promising.

But that is a single-phase 240V model, correct?

I have not been able to find any manual for the MIN XH-US (240V/120V split-phase) model…

In any case, welcome to the thread ;)!

I admit that looks promising.

But that is a single-phase 240V model, correct?

I have not been able to find any manual for the MIN XH-US (240V/120V split-phase) model…

In any case, welcome to the thread ;)!
The ATS (Auto Transfer Switch) has a Auto Transformer in it. This provides the split phase when the grid is down.

Thanks for having me ;-)

Adding on.
and

have a little detail on a couple supported ATS's for these inverters.

The first one
·ATS-US comes with built-in transformer
·ATS 5000T -US has a maximum sum of L1-N and L2-N simultaneous output is 5000VA
ATS 11400T -US has a maximum sum of L1-N and L2-N simultaneous output is 11400VA
·Maximum continuous power is 5.0kw for energy storage

One asterisk at the bottom - the power difference between the two split phases can not exceed 1.5kW.

The ATS (Auto Transfer Switch) has a Auto Transformer in it. This provides the split phase when the grid is down.

Thanks for having me ;-)
If you’ve got a link to a diagram or the manual, I’m interested.

These min-tl-xh inverters are string inverters, not hybrid inverters (no battery input).

I probably should have made the title of the thread more clear because it is hybrid Growatt inverters supporting zero export that was the intended subject.

These min-tl-xh inverters can limit export, but only while the sun is shining.

The SPH hybrid line can limit export when powered by battery power after the sun is down (so they support time-shifting with a battery).

They do have a battery input. Not sure if they support shifting or not. Or for that matter what types of batteries are supported.

Adding on.
and

have a little detail on a couple supported ATS's for these inverters.

The first one
·ATS-US comes with built-in transformer
·ATS 5000T -US has a maximum sum of L1-N and L2-N simultaneous output is 5000VA
ATS 11400T -US has a maximum sum of L1-N and L2-N simultaneous output is 11400VA
·Maximum continuous power is 5.0kw for energy storage

One asterisk at the bottom - the power difference between the two split phases can not exceed 1.5kW.
I don’t think that ATS is intended to work with the min-ti-xh inverter. It’s intended fo work with Growatt’s single-phase hybrid inverters (battery-powered).

If you’ve got a system diagram with min-ti-xh plus ATS, I’m interested…

I don’t think that ATS is intended to work with the min-ti-xh inverter. It’s intended fo work with Growatt’s single-phase hybrid inverters (battery-powered).

If you’ve got a system diagram with min-ti-xh plus ATS, I’m interested…
Go back to post 42 above. I already posted it

Not a great video but walks through the Min-TL-XH with the ATS and a battery...

They do have a battery input. Not sure if they support shifting or not. Or for that matter what types of batteries are supported.
No battery input, no time-shifting…

Take a look at the SPH line - it supplies loads and charges a battery during the day then supplies loads and drains the battery at night.

No battery input, no time-shifting…

Take a look at the SPH line - it supplies loads and charges a battery during the day then supplies loads and drains the battery at night.
You may want to read my last few posts.. It DOES have battery inputs and it does appear to have time shifting..

Saying that The one quirk I see is that it appears to run off of High Voltage DC batteries - 360V-550V.. So likely out if you want to do any DIY'ing of your batteries. I will dig a little more on it but I can it not being the one I would jump on.

Not a great video but walks through the Min-TL-XH with the ATS and a battery...

Interesting.

Need to find out what voltage the battery input accepts - do you have a link to the manual showing this configuration?

You may want to read my last few posts.. It DOES have battery inputs and it does appear to have time shifting..

Saying that The one quirk I see is that it appears to run off of High Voltage DC batteries - 360V-550V.. So likely out if you want to do any DIY'ing of your batteries. I will dig a little more on it but I can it not being the one I would jump on.
Yeah, our posts have been crossing each other in the ether…

If this model only supports HV battery (360-550V) I’ll just need to wait until they offer a LV battery version (48V, possibly 24V for 3kW model and below).

But that seems like a nice architecture - have they made a manual available yet?

Yeah, our posts have been crossing each other in the ether…

If this model only supports HV battery (360-550V) I’ll just need to wait until they offer a LV battery version (48V, possibly 24V for 3kW model and below).

But that seems like a nice architecture - have they made a manual available yet?
If you look up at post 51. The manual is. 3 part download. Link is there

Back