diy solar

diy solar

fake member sellers > >>spammers trying to pretend to be something else

michael d

off-grid solar pilgrim
a pretend member/spammer.
I receive another one to my post on the 6000 cycle EVE LF280K solar cells. they act like they try to fool you. in reality they are trying to get you to buy from them. how does one eliminate their post from my post.

when you look at where they are from >>> it is definitely a spam sales attempt to promote themselves.

I am not a seller but a DIYer trying to help others.

it seems some want to take advantage and sell at exorbitant rates.

I have received 28 of the 32 cells I ordered of the eve LF280K as of yesterday direct from a china vendor. this is the second time I ordered from Ryan Zeng thru Alibaba. all has went well.

the 28 cells I received so far have intact QR codes and welded on terminals etc and I would judge them to be new Grade A cells.

Cheers all, ?

General comment,
The most effective way to bring something to our attention/get something resolved is report it, and provide the necessary context in the report form.
We have a small moderation team there is a lot that will slip past us without the help of the community identifying and reporting posts that violate the rules or spirit of the forum.

Probably half of the reports we receive come from a small handful (maybe a dozen) members who take an active role in regularly reporting spam and problem posts. I am quite greatful to these peope and encourage others to do the same when they see issues.

Also, looking through your most recent posts, I did not find anything that looked like obvious spam. Was this in a private message or a public post?

Also, looking through your most recent posts, I did not find anything that looked like obvious spam. Was this in a private message or a public post?
there were actually 2 different places where they were spamming or getting my email and sending advertising. both were in the forum and both ended up being sellers from china. I will try to look to find them but I did report one this morning or yesterday morning I forget.

2 different spammers in the public forum.

ultimately their comments were to bash someone else selling LiFePO4 cells (as if their cells are the best and cheapest). I did receive 2 unsolicited emails from one of them. both of them were china commercial vendors. I will search for what I am trying to tell you when I get some time. I will look for specifics and get back to you.

public post originated.

I do not sell anything on this forum. just trying to post my experiences building LiFePO4 batteries with Electrodacus equipment and also assembling an array of 80 used panels. lots of other stuff going on as well.

It is interesting to note that I have been solicited twice now by jenny wu without asking since my post so I guess that is called spamming or an annoying salesperson. kind of like the old door-to-door salespeople where you had to not answer the door! except internet lurkers trying to send you spam.

here is another one above

there were actually 2 different places where they were spamming or getting my email and sending advertising.
I don't believe it should be possible for other forum members to see your e-mail. As far as I know, even moderators do not have access to any personal information beyond what is made public in your profile or on the forum.

both were in the forum and both ended up being sellers from china. I will try to look to find them but I did report one this morning or yesterday morning I forget.
I went back and checked, I did see your report, it did lead to the banning of the spammer.

It is interesting to note that I have been solicited twice now by jenny wu without asking since my post so I guess that is called spamming or an annoying salesperson.
This is inappropriate behavior. My interpretation of the forum rules is that unsolicited sales including in private message is against the rules.
You should know, moderators cannot see your private messages, but a private message can be reported by you or the other participants in the private message, in which case the reported message will become visible to us for moderation.

Last edited:
It is interesting to note that I have been solicited twice now by jenny wu without asking since my post so I guess that is called spamming or an annoying salesperson. kind of like the old door-to-door salespeople where you had to not answer the door! except internet lurkers trying to send you spam.

Just a small observation michael, you've been bashing them..
may be they were trying to contact you to find out what went wrong/why you are upset.

given their wonderful reviews here, that would be my first guess....

Just a small observation michael, you've been bashing them..
may be they were trying to contact you to find out what went wrong/why you are upset.

given their wonderful reviews here, that would be my first guess....
I am certainly not trying to bash any of them. emails, texts, all writing can have a tone that is not intended. I would apologize with no regrets if I offend anyone. I have gotten many ideas from YouTube and this forum, and other forums on the internet, in my build of the off-grid solar. the intent is to help each other.

I am not an electrical engineer but I do have a very solid science and math background as well as a medical degree. I am retired now (at least not punching anyone else's time clock of the daily grind) but still learning and working at my slower pace on multiple projects at once. multi-tasking!
English and speech were always my most disliked classes!

I am a displaced farm boy by heart!

so sorry if anyone is offended.
I am just documenting for others' benefit, at least the is my goal or attempt. and the interaction in this forum is normally good.

I will try to be more careful to not bash anyone but if I find an issue I think it appropriate to inform others.

eventually, I will do more in the 48-volt setups but presently I am concentrating on the 24-volt heating setup by utilizing the diversion of the excess electric generation.
more later on that,

I think the moderators have given me enough direction to address the spammers or unsolicited sales attempts, I applaud their efforts and the efforts of all to make it a civil discussion.

My brother often repeated this: there is the right way, the wrong way, and uncle Joe's way!

there is the right way, the wrong way, and uncle Joe's way(uncle Joe was the boss) --- I painted grandma's outbuildings one summer with 3 coats of oil based paint, scraped it, steel brushed it, primed it, followed by 2 coats of finish white oil-based paint & linseed oil to thin if needed (gas to clean up at the end of the day). all done with ladders the hard way, my older cousin had to help me move the 40-foot wooden ladder to reach the peaks on the corn crib. I will guarantee you that the paint job lasted many years but was done with good old-fashioned effort with 4-inch brushes --- no easy paint spraying allowed 40 plus years ago by uncle Joe! good hard work one summer before going back to further my university studies. I worked my way through college, no free handouts! 8 years later ->>>>-- time to go work hard 2 jobs for 30 more years. now retired to building and small homestead living etc still multi-tasking just not for pay! ?

Some general clarification.
  • vendors/business entities may participate in any area of the forum, so long as they do so in good faith, and their affiliation is stated in their profile/custom title. No advertising/self-promotion/marketing/sales is allowed outside of the designed corporate subforums.
  • Corporate accounts may comment in your posts the same as anyone else, and this doesn't consistute spam, so long as they don't violate the rules and their contributions are in good faith and on topic. An example of something that violates the 'in good faith' principle but isn't overt marketing is making a bunch of small worthless comments to raise the visibility of your company.
  • Likewise, accounts affiliated businesses are free to use private messages just like the rest of us, unsolicited marketing or sales or anything else spammy is absolutely not allowed, but being PM'ed by a seller does not in and of itself constitute spam, particularly if you have mentioned them or had interactions with them on the forum.
The two biggest redlines with corporate affiliated accounts: (1) Affiliation must be stated (2) Promotion/marketing/sales may only occur in the corporate subforums (or by private message if it is initiated by a member), the rest of the forum should be free from advertising, influence, and marketing.

Moderator: I went back and checked, I did see your report, it did lead to the banning of the spammer.
Are you referring to Jenny Wu from Doncan?

Moderator: I went back and checked, I did see your report, it did lead to the banning of the spammer.
Are you referring to Jenny Wu from Doncan?
No, reports and moderator actions are not normally discussed publicly but because of the implication I will clarify, there has been no indication/evidence shown to me of any wrongdoing on her part (and there was never a report against her), and no member-vendor who has participated on the forum in good faith would be summarily banned in that manner.

The only situations where I would ban a seller/corporate account with that immediate decisiveness is when they are clearly and definitely spammers, have been warned multiples, misrepresent themselves or their affiliation, or if their first posts are spam. Michael had issue with 3 different sellers, only the 1 case was deemed actionable.

Last edited:
Got it...and the opinion of spam is what you decide?...

It's really simple: in the corporate corner, every company rep can post deals, product announcements, etc. Everyone affiliated with a company has to show this under their avatar. They can join any discussion, and if the discussion pertains their product, they of course will participate.
Whenever a post gets reported, it gets reviewed by multiple mods, and in the case there is no consensus, Will has final say. In the end, Will decides what is spam and what is not either directly, or by the rules of the forum he put in place.

in reality, they are just many different salespeople likely selling from the same manufacturing plants. if you ever notice most all Aliexpress go thru a Kentucky shipping intermediary. the batteries from Alibaba are likely a few main manufacturing plants, it is the middleman seller most people are buying from. the 2 sellers I bought the LiFePO4 cells from sent new grade A cells and I have had no problems ordering direct thru Alibaba although the wait time is phenomenal. these spammers are just salespeople trying to get your possible sale. or be an annoying spammer like the robocalls I get on my cellular for a warranty sales attempt on a vehicle that is 14 years old. I don't answer the numbers I don't recognize usually.

I have been fortunate to get 2 reputable sales in 3 different LiFePO4 cell purchases. I have purchased 64 Lishen 272Ah grade A cells and now another 32 EVE LF280k Grade A lifepo4 cells with no problems ,,,,, only the wait time direct from china is 60 to 85 days ... longer at the moment in the USA due to port unloading delays.

I did not get the used cells with scratched-off bar code or any damage at all as some had the misfortune of receiving.

Alibaba has a rating system for their sellers which I think is useful but I have no direct knowledge if that information is real or fake.

but I do think unsolicited contact or trying to belittle another seller is a form of spam, which is what occurred. I do not make the rules or decisions but did report a couple of the China-origin spammers with some success.

I do note that the second vendor Ryan Zeng says they have cells in the USA warehouse for faster dispatch, so I may try that in the future.

I think I like the quality of the last batch of 32 cells EVE LF280K with a 6000 cycle rating and welded on terminals the best so far but time will tell. they arrived in perfect condition with nickel-plated copper busbars, set screws, and serrated flange nuts.

hope I did not waste anyone's time ?

Back