diy solar

diy solar

Fan noise level of Bluetti AC200MAX?

hned

Hi, Will (and others)! Thank you, Will, for your recent review of the Bluetti AC200MAX (see
). Although I really like all the features of this sogen, the ventilation fans on my AC200MAX are noticeably audible. Comparatively, the powered fans within both of my AC300 units are extremely quiet when running – no detectible motor or bearing noise; only air movement is slightly heard. Using a decibel measuring device, I measured ~48.2 dBA for the “low speed” (single fan?) noise level, and ~57.9 dBA for the “high speed” (both fans?) noise level, all at 1 meter away from the AC200MAX. Based on my measurements, would you consider the fan noise level of my AC200MAX essentially “normal” for this model sogen, or does it seem too loud, and should I have Bluetti technical support do an inspection/evaluation?

Hi, Will (and others)! Thank you, Will, for your recent review of the Bluetti AC200MAX (see
). Although I really like all the features of this sogen, the ventilation fans on my AC200MAX are noticeably audible. Comparatively, the powered fans within both of my AC300 units are extremely quiet when running – no detectible motor or bearing noise; only air movement is slightly heard. Using a decibel measuring device, I measured ~48.2 dBA for the “low speed” (single fan?) noise level, and ~57.9 dBA for the “high speed” (both fans?) noise level, all at 1 meter away from the AC200MAX. Based on my measurements, would you consider the fan noise level of my AC200MAX essentially “normal” for this model sogen, or does it seem too loud, and should I have Bluetti technical support do an inspection/evaluation?
I don’t have a db meter but I’d guess my ac200max puts out about the same amount of db, which seems reasonable to me. I do not detect any bearing noise.

Beginner question here ... What would a motor or bearing noise sound like? I recently got the AC200MAX and the fan noise is fairly loud - there is a a very slight buzz and I'm wondering if it is of concern but not sure if this is normal, I can't feel any vibration on the casing of the Bluetti. I detected 41 dBA for the low speed noise level.

41 dBa is not much noise at all - my ultra-quiet dishwasher is 44 db.. I haven’t metered my AC200MAX but I’d guess it’s in that range.

Bearings would likely be louder than that.

Beginner question here ... What would a motor or bearing noise sound like? I recently got the AC200MAX and the fan noise is fairly loud - there is a a very slight buzz and I'm wondering if it is of concern but not sure if this is normal, I can't feel any vibration on the casing of the Bluetti. I detected 41 dBA for the low speed noise level.
I have an AC200MAX myself, but no db meter.
41db is very quiet, and 48db is still relatively quiet. Any system has to cool somehow, you may find it challenging to find much if any quieter doing a diy build. It does get a little louder when the inverter is operating. Chances are if you’re running something other than a quiet and efficient fridge on 120ac that device may emit more db than the Bluetti.

I have been charging my bluetti AC200MAX the last days with my 200W Panel - suddenly today the Fan keeps turning on, which is quite annoying and loud. AC and DC are turned off. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have been charging my bluetti AC200MAX the last days with my 200W Panel - suddenly today the Fan keeps turning on, which is quite annoying and loud. AC and DC are turned off. Any thoughts?

It didn’t seem loud to me in the video, if there is any whirring or squealing noise that’d be a problem and I’d return it under warranty.
The system is just cooling itself. Charging is energy. Energy = heat. Heat can be problematic to electronics so must be dealt with. The fan system does that.

My AC200MAX does same when PV charging, more so when it’s ambient environment is warmer.
I don’t find it annoying, it is a piece of equipment doing it’s job.
Would I prefer it to be silent all the time? Sure.
That’s not the world we live in though.

It didn’t seem loud to me in the video, if there is any whirring or squealing noise that’d be a problem and I’d return it under warranty.
The system is just cooling itself. Charging is energy. Energy = heat. Heat can be problematic to electronics so must be dealt with. The fan system does that.

My AC200MAX does same when PV charging, more so when it’s ambient environment is warmer.
I don’t find it annoying, it is a piece of equipment doing it’s job.
Would I prefer it to be silent all the time? Sure.
That’s not the world we live in though.
I have to disagree. I have many MPPTs in my Camper and Garage. Both are silent and actually don't even have a fan - I charge my Lifepo4 with them.

I have to disagree. I have many MPPTs in my Camper and Garage. Both are silent and actually don't even have a fan - I charge my Lifepo4 with them.
Fair enough.
Are your many mppt’s in a crowded box containing everything for the system to run?

Last edited:
The MPPTs I have seen specify both spacing and airflow…. Spacing in the AC200MAX is minimal and airflow is managed by the fan.

To answer your initial question - I believe it is operating as designed, and I can see how that might be annoying.

Fair enough.
Are your many mppt’s in a crowded box containing everything for the system to run?
In my VW T6 the MPPT is below the driver seat and in my van in the back closet. Fair enough. I understand the spacing issue, but I only have 200W hooked up to the Bluetti - it should handle it with ease imho!

The MPPTs I have seen specify both spacing and airflow…. Spacing in the AC200MAX is minimal and airflow is managed by the fan.

To answer your initial question - I believe it is operating as designed, and I can see how that might be annoying.
I don't want to rant, but every time the fan goes on it smells like a chinese plastic factory in my room

I had a chance to compare it with the same model today. The other one never jumped on when charging via solar AND the fan has no "bearing noise"

Back