diy solar

diy solar

Fast charging Bluetti AC200P while driving with no solar

my109

Hello, I am new here and would appreciate this forum's members expertise. I am debating purchasing a Bluetti AC200P for my minivan (Honda Odyssey) camper conversion. I am up in Canada and do not plan to use solar. The included 12V DC would be too slow at just 100 watts.

I have read somewhere else on this forum about running a 500W inverter directly off the van's battery and charging the Bluetti using the included AC charger at 400W. Would that be a recommended solution?

Could I use a Renogy a 40A DC-DC charger and charge the Bluetti? If that is possible, how would I do that?

Thank you.

500w is a lot from the alternator, that’s around 40amps.
Most alternators are in the 100AMPS range, and a lot is in use during drive.
I don’t know if you can use the dctodc because it would be looking for a direct to battery connection, not a charge controller.

500w is a lot from the alternator, that’s around 40amps.
Most alternators are in the 100AMPS range, and a lot is in use during drive.
I don’t know if you can use the dctodc because it would be looking for a direct to battery connection, not a charge controller.
Thanks for the advice. I will research a bit more about the amp rating of the alternator in my van.

You should really consider picking up a couple of foldable panels, even 2-3 100w would do quite a bit charging that up when deployed on the roof when you are camping.

Hello, I am new here and would appreciate this forum's members expertise. I am debating purchasing a Bluetti AC200P for my minivan (Honda Odyssey) camper conversion. I am up in Canada and do not plan to use solar. The included 12V DC would be too slow at just 100 watts.

I have read somewhere else on this forum about running a 500W inverter directly off the van's battery and charging the Bluetti using the included AC charger at 400W. Would that be a recommended solution?

Could I use a Renogy a 40A DC-DC charger and charge the Bluetti? If that is possible, how would I do that?

Thank you.
Could butt I bought the bluetti step up dc charger on sale wills discount yesterday to goto my incoming 200max as extra input. Could solve problem. My existing 200p little short overnight loads. when dark ; I use eb240 dc out cig lighter with cXT-90 plug ; settings on PV input at low , adds 109 watts per hour four hours needed (defrost cycle too much) midnight switch to normal PV. Forgot to change settings at 6 al it beeped over volts DC on pv input.

AC200P will charge from 12V supply directly. Up to 8.2A it claims. That's just under 100w charging rate. I found mine charged at around 110w, so I am guessing the 12v rail is a little higher than 12v.

Yep 13.6. Vdc. In elec world VR volt regulator can be zeners that reg current and voltages now. As in 13.6 +/- .1 vdc at 8.5 Amps 99.9-100.01%

Back