diy solar

diy solar

Fastening x3 BVM6612P-335 together for 27' trailer roof mounting

interestingfellow

I'm sorting out how to mount my 6 BVM6612P-335 panels on top of my 27' travel camper.

I'm planning on a 3 mounted together as a single panel in the front and 3 as a single panel in the rear, as seen in the attachment. They are 77x39, 1.5" thick, 58lbs each, and will make two arrays measuring 177x77. I am debating on the exact methods to fix them together but I am thinking of 1/8" 6063 aluminum flat stock screwed through the panel's aluminum frames along the 177" side of the array as well as screwing the panels together on the 77" seams. I may add VHB between the screwed faces for added strength.

The forward array will be 4 inches off the roof with no obstructions beneath it and the rear array will be 6" or so above the roof to clear the roof vents. I am counting on the panels to provide some amount of shade and act as a Tropical Roof.

I have not sorted out the exact method of actually mounting it to the roof, but it will have 4 pivot points on either side (probably on 24" centers so as to catch the roof rafters) with removable pins so I can tilt or remove the panels as needed.

I'm mostly concerned wit the strength of the 3 panel arrays during travel/wind.

They will be arranged in a 2s2p and 2s electrical arrangement with each having their own MPPT, though this detail is not necessarily important.

Do you think thise will be strong enough to mount as I've described? I've never built such a large heavy item from aluminum stock and am looking for feedback.

Thanks!

White is the camper, red are the panels, green are dimensions/labels

1623351218722.png1623351265429.png1623351374415.png

Last edited:
Back