diy solar

diy solar

Fault Code F11? - EG4 6500EX

Konvett

I've recently started getting Fault Code F11 on one of my two EG4 6500EX inverters. Two of my four batteries had to be removed from the battery bank because they got wet. I let them dry for hours, after which their alarm lights were cleared. While I was drying these two batteries (which we're taken out of the bank with about 30% charge), the other two batteries were left in service with the two inverters, charging back to 100% with no issues.

Once I reintroduced the two batteries that were left to dry, I started getting fault code F11 on my 2P2 inverter and no power output is coming from this inverter now. I've tried numerous things to clear the issue (removing PV inputs, rewiring the entire setup, isolating the two batteries that were wet, isolating the two batteries that didn't get wet) and it still persists. Any suggestions?

I have been getting the F11 on my system as well. I didn't get any of my system wet so I doubt that is your issue. It happened to one of my 4 inverters and ended up having to return mine for a new one. Only had them since August of 2022 and all ran fine till out of the Blue an F11 code than the others threw an F80 well ended up sending one back and then a different one decided to throw an F11. Come find out they felt it was a firmware update issue so the sent me the cable needed to do it. All worked fine for about 5 days till I shut my system down because the batteries were about drained due to the lack of sun so the next day that we had good sun light I turned back on which was today and guess what F11 again!! They know something is wrong but reluctant to just admit it if ya ask me.

I have been getting the F11 on my system as well. I didn't get any of my system wet so I doubt that is your issue. It happened to one of my 4 inverters and ended up having to return mine for a new one. Only had them since August of 2022 and all ran fine till out of the Blue an F11 code than the others threw an F80 well ended up sending one back and then a different one decided to throw an F11. Come find out they felt it was a firmware update issue so the sent me the cable needed to do it. All worked fine for about 5 days till I shut my system down because the batteries were about drained due to the lack of sun so the next day that we had good sun light I turned back on which was today and guess what F11 again!! They know something is wrong but reluctant to just admit it if ya ask me.
Also when I got my Last F11 code today I noticed that this invert is not retaining the setting changes that were made by me for some reason they returned to the default after they are turned of but none of my other investors are defaulting the settings

Check to see if your inverter settings resetting themselves like it is losing memory. I am guessing that it has an internal battery like a computer motherboard that has a bios battery those CR 2032 type. This would explain my issues.

Check to see if your inverter settings resetting themselves like it is losing memory. I am guessing that it has an internal battery like a computer motherboard that has a bios battery those CR 2032 type. This would explain my issues.
I had the same thing happen on mine. Settings reset whenever it turns back on.

F11 error code is PV over voltage. What is your input voltage?
My input voltage is about 400W. I've had the same solar setup for the last 4 months with no over-voltage issues. It was only once I brought these batteries back into the fold that the F11 issue started happening.

My voltage runs around 286 to 305 when it has the F11 error code.
Would you mind sharing what firmware or software changes you made to fix the issue, even if only temporarily? I'd like to try something as my entire system is down at the moment.

I had to have Signature Solar send me the firmware update cable since the inverter only comes with 1 part of the update cable which is strange. They were out of stock for about a week or so just got it last Friday. Anyway I had to download the firmware tool and then hook it up to my inverter and run the tool it took about 10min to run and update.

I had the same issue happen to me this weekend when I shut down my system to re-address my batteries because I got an EG4-LL when the others were out of stock and come to find out they don't communicate with each other so I was making it a dummy. Anyway when I fired up the system from battery ONLY with my IMO disconnects still cutting of my PV input my 2P2 inverter threw a F11. Obviously I was baffled. How can I get a PV overvoltage fault when I have no PV voltage going into the inverter. I then shut everything down and did a restart hoping it was a glitch that would clear. NOPE. and in the process now 2P1 wont even turn on. (side note - 2P2 PV is only 196v just in case someone assumes the IMO was open lol)
This sucks. I have not reached out to SS yet because I was videoing somethings so I have something put together for them as I went through this process last year with a Growatt that arrived with an F9 fault which I'm sure you all know what that means. SS did a really good job on that process/warranty so I'm hoping it goes the same way. So glad I didn't sell my 2x3000LVM when I got the EG4's because I'd be screw as I'm %100 off grid.
Just a few more details, I got them the first week of October and they have run almost non-stop. I haven't any major issues till now, I really liked them for the most part. They can run anything!! Just want to make sure everyone is aware that how I set it up obviously isn't the issue because I've been running them for month without a major problem. One thing I don't like is if you use EG4 battery mode it throttles(30a on 2P1, 20a on 2P2) your charging down and you can't set the amps. So I effectively lose half my PV capability therefore resulting in it taking almost the entire day to charge three batteries and I live in Florida lol. My little GW's charge them by noon. If you use USE it makes everything horribly inaccurate so I went back to using EG4 mode. I've heard the reasoning as I only have 3pack rack 15kw that it's basically taking it easy on the batts. That's all well and good but if I don't agree with that (I Don't) then USE should work just like it does on my Growatts and everything else from what I've read in this forum. Idle consumption is pretty rough also. I knew it was having an effect but it's substantial after having to set the Growatts back up because the EG4's are no longer usable. I'm using at least 30% less battery than I was with my EG4 during the no sun and night hours. I'm trying to figure out a more accurate number by recording V and SOC from the Growatts. Oh and lastly I looked at the FW download and it was the same version my inverter said it was running so I didn't do it but I will ask SS about it to assure it when I talk to them.

I attached some PICS of my system from a couple days after I set it up and it was running. I'll keep ya posted after I talk to them. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-1776.jpg
    IMG-1776.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-1778.jpg
    IMG-1778.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-1901.jpg
    IMG-1901.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 13
If wonder if you firmware flash them again if it will clear the error.

I think it would have been better to never have comms with batteries at all. Either only have USE mode, or make EG4 mode simply a fixed value version of USE mode to ease setup, but delete all the comms.

I also have the F11 fault on one of my EG4 6500ex. It will not go away and has stopped all charging/output. I even tried upgrading to the latest 79.61 firmware, as SS said would fix the issue (it did not fix the F11). I was running for 7 months prior to this. I don’t think PV input is the issue since I have not changed anything since starting the system. Any suggestions?

I just pestered them about getting my inverters replaced (it's been down for two weeks) and they finally got back to me saying that the 79.61 firmware would fix the issue. I tried flashing it (I used both the .exe files to do it, 'ArenaINVReflashTool.exe' and 'Remote Panel_ReflashTool.exe') and it's still showing F11.

I'm curious what steps you took to update the firmware?

I'm currently going back and forth via email with one of the tech support reps who is helping me flash it. Still waiting to hear back if I've done it properly. I am now on 79.61 though, as shown by the U1 display.

PXL_20230211_191910471.jpg

Try disconnecting the batteries. Set the system to USE. Reboot the inverters (disconnect PV and AC In to force full shutdown). Then only turn on AC In or PV, leave batteries disconnected.

Reflash the firmware.

Reboot the inverters again (AC/PV off, then on). See if the error goes away. If it does, Reboot again, this time adding batteries, but leave settings on USE.

Report if this works.

Agreed. Seen a lot of issues regarding coms set up between inverters and batteries.

Doing this now. One thing I will note is that after I set the inverter to USE and proceeded to restart, it cleared my settings when it came back on (can't recall the value it had set, something that starts with AG I believe). But it wasn't set to EG4 anymore. I set it to USE again when it restarted and I'm now beginning the firmware update again.

I'll report back shortly on the results.

Note: batteries are disconnected (power off to them, breaker to the inverter is open).
Try disconnecting the batteries. Set the system to USE. Reboot the inverters (disconnect PV and AC In to force full shutdown). Then only turn on AC In or PV, leave batteries disconnected.

Reflash the firmware.

Reboot the inverters again (AC/PV off, then on). See if the error goes away. If it does, Reboot again, this time adding batteries, but leave settings on USE.

Report if this works.

Reflash the firmware.

Report if this works.
I've done this now fully and the error code persists. I'll mention again though that the USE setting won't hold. It reverts to AGn.

If the error code persists after a full shut down then you have a real issue in my opinion. I’ve seen a video on YouTube where someone had that problem. SS warrantied his unit I believe. You didn’t exceed your voltage limit?

Back