diy solar

diy solar

Fault Code F11? - EG4 6500EX

If the error code persists after a full shut down then you have a real issue in my opinion. I’ve seen a video on YouTube where someone had that problem. SS warrantied his unit I believe. You didn’t exceed your voltage limit?
The only thing I can imagine doing that might've caused the issue is starting up the system incorrectly. I believe one time I turned on all four batteries and then closed the breaker that sits between the batteries and the inverter. I know you're supposed to close that breaker first and then turn on the batteries.

I've done this now fully and the error code persists. I'll mention again though that the USE setting won't hold. It reverts to AGn.
I have also completed PreppenWolf’s reboot/Reflash method and have the same results…F11 error code still persists with no charging or output. F11 comes up right away when starting the unit up with only AC In (no PV or battery).

Unless it’s an issue with the capacitors. He mentioned flipping the breaker with the batteries on.

If thats the case it's still a defect that you get a PV error when the issue is the batteries.

If thats the case it's still a defect that you get a PV error when the issue is the batteries.
This is true. I just don’t know what actually happens to a unit when you flood the capacitors and don’t use a pre charge resistor. Other then just a spark if it isn’t done right. I know it’s something bad though. ? anyway that’s the only thing he mentioned that sounded like it could cause a problem. Otherwise I’m not sure.

The F11 cleared on my 6500ex! It was disconnected from all power for over a week and when I started it back up the fault was gone. It’s been running as 2P2 for over a day now.
Glad yours was fixed! I started the warranty process back on Jan 31 and only today received my replacement inverter. Praying that my other inverter doesn't face the same fate. Can't afford to be without power that long again.

Back