diy solar

diy solar

Fault on Victron

kencrystal67

Hello All. I am a new Solar user/installer. I have a system that I am installing in a van. It is all Victon components with Renogy solar panels, and a Lossigy Lifepro4 300 aH battery. I have an MPPT, Lynx distribution center, Orion 12-12 charger, and a MultiPlus 3K. I am having an issue with the system in that it goes from bulk to absorption charge (when plugged into shore power); however, it has only gone into 'Float mode' once (with a new battery that is charged 100% per my BMV). Additionally, occasionally the MultiPlus will switch off and on every couple of minutes and then sometimes shows a 'Fault' (per VE bus); however, it does not give me any 'fault number' for reference.
Any suggestions?
Victron support is very hard to find, as it directs you to you purchasing store if you're not a professional installer of Victron. I purchased my system through Amazon, who provided me an email for the seller. The seller refers me to contact a 'local distributor'. (GRRRRRR!!!)

Thank you!
Peace
Ken

At a guess, without more info on your system, the BMS is shutting down charging. With manufacturing and assembly tolerances it may be the BMS is detecting an over cell voltage and shutting down the charge path and confusing the chargers. I don't think there is a Bluetooth access to the BMS so its difficult to see what is exactly happening.
I suggest you lower the charge voltage settings and see how things progress.

this is a PDF that explains how to setup the Mulitplus for Battleborn batteries, you could use the settings as a starting point but if there are BMS issues the charge voltage will have to be lower, there are also you tube vids on setting up the Multiplus.

Mike

Last edited:
At a guess, without more info on your system, the BMS is shutting down charging. With manufacturing and assembly tolerances it may be the BMS is detecting an over cell voltage and shutting down the charge path and confusing the chargers. I don't think there is a Bluetooth access to the BMS so its difficult to see what is exactly happening.
I suggest you lower the charge voltage settings and see how things progress.

this is a PDF that explains how to setup the Mulitplus for Battleborn batteries, you could use the settings as a starting point but if there are BMS issues the charge voltage will have to be lower, there are also you tube vids on setting up the Multiplus.

Mike
Thank you Mike. I will review the link and try the settings. Peace, Ken

Back