diy solar

diy solar

Faulty Wulill battery

mantonis

Last year I ordered 2nos 100AH 48V LifePo2 batteries from Wulill through the AliExpress web site. I received the two batteries just before the end of December.
When I received the batteries one battery did not switch, as I had not yet received the inverter I was unable to charge the batteries. After I received the inverter from Voltacon and installed the system and charged the batteries I found that the cell voltages of one of the batteries were very similar but that the cell voltages of the other batteries varied widely. The voltages of two cells cycle erratically between 88mV and 6085mV!
I have contacted the supplier but all I have had from them, so far, is that I should read the manual. In fact I do not have their manual but I have the inverter manual as well as a manual from CRRNSS (I have also received a battery from them which works well!).
The latest suggestion from Wullill is to dismantle the battery!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike

I have almost given up on getting a satisfactory response from Wulills. I received the batteries in December and I unpacked them and started the batteries. One battery started and I measured a voltage of 53V. The other battery did not start. I assumed it had discharged. I did not have an inverter for charging it until a few weeks ago. I charged both batteries. One is working OK but the other one has 3 cells with abnormally low voltages. I run an equalisation routine yesterday but that did not change the voltage readings. In fact the battery switches on and off regularly and frequently fails to switch on after switching off automatically. If anything this is getting more frequent.
I believe that Wullills simply hide behind the fact that you only have 2 weeks to complain after delivery!!
WARNING!!!
DO NOT TOUCH WULILLS WITH A BARGE POLE
BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING THROUGH ALIEXPRESS
DO NOT ASSUME THAT THERE WILL BE ANY WARRANTY ON THE PRODUCTS SOLD BY ALIEXPRESS
I will now try to dismantle the faulty battery.
If anybody has any suggestions re fault tracing I would appreciate any comments.

Back