diy solar

diy solar

Favorite DC-DC step downs for 48V system?

my personel experience they (Chinese ones) are that bad.

I have two of them that are at least 5 years old and still work so there’s that.

But I don’t use them for anything critical so you have to know your own application and spend accordingly.

I have two of them that are at least 5 years old and still work so there’s that.

But I don’t use them for anything critical so you have to know your own application and spend accordingly.
so you got lucky? sorry when you pay for something like this you expect it to last a reasonable period of time. less than a month is not long enough...no matter how little it costs.

I have an insane amount of stuff bought from AliExpress/Alibaba (I'm Diamond member on one and Platinum on the other lol) and if you do a rigorous research the stuff you buy is exactly as advertised (but when you go "sort by price" well that's a different story...).

I have an insane amount of stuff bought from AliExpress/Alibaba (I'm Diamond member on one and Platinum on the other lol) and if you do a rigorous research the stuff you buy is exactly as advertised (but when you go "sort by price" well that's a different story...).
i actually bought mine on amazon in an attempt to avoid the shadier items. did not help me any. funny thing was i found out that if I ran enough pads in series it did not matter and i no longer needed the controller or the buck converter. though i would prefer to have the temp controller. if I could just find a controller that ran in the 48 volt range I would not need the stepdown.

Back