diy solar

diy solar

Fedex help

vtx1029

Anyone have suggestions on the next course of actions or who I should contact?

So I ordered some batteries from china. It was coming in two packages. Once it hit the states Fedex says they re-labeled my box claiming " Barcode label unreadable and replaced". Well one of the boxes I received was not batteries just a bunch of clips of some sort. It was clearly not the package that was sent to me by the shipper (they sent me pictures of the actual packages and they are wrapped with orange tape, one box I recieved was just a normal carboard box). I spoke with Fedex and opened an issue with them and they say its the shippers fault, they are not responsible for what is inside. While I get that and agree, they deny the fact that the re-print label could have been placed on the wrong box.

1596454061956.png

Attachments

• package.jpg
    package.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 15
Within the US - FedEx requires the Shipper to file a claim. I'm sure others here are more experienced with international shipping rules. At the very least you should contact the shipper and notify them, seek their advice.

Are all the labels the same on each of your boxes? Did they relabel all your boxes? Are the tracking #'s in concurrent sequence?

Take notes and pictures and start a log of dates and times and who you spoke to. You will need either FedEx or the Shipper as your advocate. Good luck.

Yes the shipper is also working on their end to resolve it. No the tracking numbers were about a 1000 digits off from the master and second package. There was no old sticker on the wrong package only the re-label and the correct package had the original label.

ask fedex to supply a full package scan report for all tracking numbers in play. What you see on web for tracking is not fully complete. Make sure they include discrepancy, exceptions, delay, repackaging, and relabeling events. All of these events are logged if fedex employees or contractors are doing their jobs.
Re-label usually is a sign that package needed re-boxed or resealed due to poor handling/poor packing or the weight/dimension of package was wrong.

Fed Ex is the most difficult carrier to successfully file a "loss" claim from my experience dealing with 6 different package carriers on a very regular basis. We receive about 100 packages a day of all sizes and dimensions. Everyone of these packages looks like it came thru a war during transit.

Back