diy solar

diy solar

Feed back would be appreciated

Post details about the setup and what your concerns are.

Cheap breakers.
Cheat disconnect switches.
Looks like the inverter is bypassing the busbar.
Is there a fuse close to the battery positive terminal?
Are those busbars made of brass?
Looks like the fuseblock is also bypassing the busbar, is there a fuse on the feeder wire?

Cheap breakers.
Cheat disconnect switches.
Looks like the inverter is bypassing the busbar.
Is there a fuse close to the battery positive terminal?
Are those busbars made of brass?
Looks like the fuseblock is also bypassing the busbar, is there a fuse on the feeder wire?
Thank you for your input.

Post details about the setup and what your concerns are.
I plan on 800 watts of solar panels and four life po4s. No grid tie in. I have no idea if any of this is correct just getting my info off the net.

I mean post specific details about your setup. Wire sizes. Fuse and breaker sizes, bus bar ratings, inverter size, battery setup, solar charge controller details, solar panel configuration and specs, etc.

Post a complete schematic/wiring diagram since the picture doesn't show everything very well.

Why do some wires drop through the board vs hang off the edge?
I would have skipped the inverter cut-off switch.
I would have skipped the output breaker on that short feed from the solar controller.
Inverter fuse should be closer to the battery.
Why is the power supply on the board?
What is the equipment to the right side off the picture?
Unknown wire size and fuse ratings.

The power supply is on the board because I have no solar panels or batteries. The equipment to the right is a couple of dc outlets I put in a box . Also to the right is a set of four ac outlets that I have hard wired to the inverter. The wire size is 6 awg fused at 50amp. The other wire is 2 awg fused at 200 amp.

Welcome to the forum fastman.

Are you in Ecuador or the USA?

Nice piece of plywood but it is combustible.
I do not care for the fuses or disconnects.

Welcome to the forum fastman.

Are you in Ecuador or the USA?

Nice piece of plywood but it is combustible.
I do not care for the fuses or disconnects.
So I post in newbie area and everyone just wants to bust balls. I am sure Will would be proud of the way many of you are helping to grow the foum.

I Like it. I would have not done that well first time. I set it up and run it see how it goes. Need a precharge plan. light bulb works fine.

So I post in newbie area and everyone just wants to bust balls. I am sure Will would be proud of the way many of you are helping to grow the foum.
I don't think anyone in this thread is bustin your balls. We tell it like it is. No sugar coating around here.

We are coming off a FULL MOON. It makes some folks a bit nutty. ?
& ? I laugh at them most of the time.

I do not see any posts by you anywhere but here. ??

Last edited:
Sounds like "Feedback would be appreciated" - but not if it is critical. ;)

Seriously though... I've not had any experience with that type of breaker you have between the SCC and the positive bus bar, but I've read quite a few negative comments about them, like that they don't work as a breaker. If you are only using it as a disconnect, it may be OK.

I think everyone here mostly wants to help. Sometimes we are not very gentle in our help though. :)

Seriously though... I've not had any experience with that type of breaker you have between the SCC and the positive bus bar, but I've read quite a few negative comments about them, like that they don't work as a breaker. If you are only using it as a disconnect, it may be OK.
I would have bought that breaker, then I joined this forum and learned of much better ways to do things.

Back