diy solar

diy solar

Feedback on LiitoKala 3.2V 320Ah lifepo4 prismatic cells Ali Express

hotrod

Has anyone purchased any of the LiitoKala 3.2V 320Ah lifepo4 prismatic cells from Ali Express. There ad on ali express doesn't say if they are new or grade A or grade B or what, have any of you purchased any of these cells from them (LiitoKala) and if so did they test out to be what they were advertised. They have them listed for $2033.00 shipped for 16 batteries sounds like a good price but I'm not sure. Have any of you found a better price on these cells.

LiitoKala 3.2V 320Ah lifepo4 prismatic cells has anyone purchased any of these cells​

I have just ordered some - 8pcs LiitoKala 3.2v 320Ah. Still waiting for them to arrive. Let me know how yours go ;)

I ordered eight of the 280AH cells..it did not go well.

good luck , it may turn out ok; make sure to capacity test each cell AND if you try and get any money back for bad cells...they want a video of the entire test procedure (yep, at the 20amp-hr rate thats a bit over 11hrs for my bad cell)

I think it just a matter of luck of the draw and knowing that if any of the cells are bad, you are going to live with it and absorb the loss.

I have just ordered some - 8pcs LiitoKala 3.2v 320Ah. Still waiting for them to arrive. Let me know how yours go ;)
Link to the store?
Same store as this thread?

Link to the store?
Same store as this thread?

I did start with the link from this forum group and ended up at the Liitokala 'Official' store here.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002330091016.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.73e84c4dlAFAzl

I'm in Sydney Australia so I couldn't avail of the US group buy options on this site

I placed my order on the above batteries on April 13th. They said they would ship in 5-7 business days. I received a e-mail on April 21st saying they were shipped. Today I got the e-mail below. I will post an update if i hear back from them as to where the batteries have been for the last 2 weeks.

1,Because the battery (especially the high-power battery you purchased) is a special commodity, the terms of transportation are very strict, all logistics companies in China, including China Post, UPS, FedEx, DHL, are unable to directly transport electricity Pool, 2,So we will start to transport your order from Hong Kong. Once the battery arrives in US, we will declare for import at the US customs. When the battery passes through the US customs, we will send it to you by UPS. so the UPS number we provide will not be updated before the battery passes the customs. This is normal. 3,It will takes 30-45 working days for delivery .Generally, after 35-45 working days, the package will arrive at the transfer station. After the customs clearance is completed, the package will be picked up and delivered, and the logistics information will be updated. 4,Once UPS transportation number is updated, you can receive the goods within 3-5 days at most.

I paid extra for 5-8 day shipping from the LiitoKala store, and they pulled the same crap with me, I think. They aren't responding to my questions though.

Preliminary testing on mine has been ok though I have not had a chance to do a full capacity test yet.

My "LiitoKala 280Ah" cells had a CATL 271Ah QR code on top. Take that for what you will.

On the plus side shipping was about 8-10 days once the left the facility. AliExpress delivery ETA was off by about 10 days

How did the tests go?

Finished the DIY build and cap testing

Total weight of the 8 cells is 43.05kg
Out of the box, each cell has ranged from 3.297v to 3.301v.

The 8 cells were placed in parallel and were top balanced to approx 3.6v.

Then setup in a square 2p4s config and further charged with victron bluesmart 25a charger using default victron settings for li-ion which I think only got the battery bank to 90% SOC which is what the Daly BMS reported before I began the discharge/cap test. Not sure how accurate the BMS was reporting the SOC on its first go. More on that below.

Discharged @ 180w (though I did increase this to 185w for the last few hours). This was approx 13a which rose to 15a in the last few hrs as the voltage dropped.
Set amps and voltage to variable to force the constant wattage.

The first hour was 13.3amps and 179wh
Cutoff voltage was managed by the BMS...not the cap tester.

Expected results:
640ah X .9 (for 90% of total capacity) is 576ah
@ 13.3a/hr it should take 43hrs to deplete.

Actual results:
44hrs = 3hrs + 41hrs (I accidentally stopped the test at 3hrs when playing with the capacity meter menu and had to restart
?
?
?
)
615ah = 43ah + 572ah

So, depending on the accuracy of the BMS original SOC 90% (which also reported 0% SOC for the last 5 hrs of the test - likely it has a few more cycles before it becomes more accurate) then I guess I'm somewhere in between the calc'd 90% 576ah and the 100% 640ah and expect the next full charge/discharge to report more accurate SOC after the BMS learns a bit more from the low/high voltage cutoff.

At 615ah, I am very very happy.
I'm not going to get picky about the 25ah difference between actual 615ah to expected 640ah because I used conservative voltage cutoff so I may actually have gotten more.
So, all in all, I'd say it was a successful purchase from liitokala on Aliexpress.

N.B. re the faulty DALY BMS SOC - I have since learned that there's a bug in some recent Daly BMS firmware which incorrectly reports the SOC. It doesn't affect the capacity of the battery either, and for many people, especially those who use external battery monitors (I use a Victron BMV-712), they will never even notice it. It only affects those who monitor their battery capacity via the SMART BMS App.

1626068017866.png

1626068063364.png

1626068668664.png

Last edited:

Then setup in a square 2p4s config and further charged with victron bluesmart 25a charger using default victron settings for li-ion which I think only got the battery bank to 90% SOC which is what the Daly BMS reported before I began the discharge/cap test. Not sure how accurate the BMS was reporting the SOC on its first go. More on that below.

Discharged @ 180w (though I did increase this to 185w for the last few hours). This was approx 13a which rose to 15a in the last few hrs as the voltage dropped.

Expected results:

Actual results:
44hrs = 3hrs + 41hrs (I accidentally stopped the test at 3hrs when playing with the capacity meter menu and had to restart
?
?
?
)
615ah = 43ah + 572ah

So, depending on the accuracy of the BMS original SOC 90% (which also reported 0% SOC for the last 5 hrs of the test - likely it has a few more cycles before it becomes more accurate) then I guess I'm somewhere in between the calc'd 90% 576ah and the 100% 640ah and expect the next full charge/discharge to report more accurate SOC after the BMS learns a bit more from the low/high voltage cutoff.

I'm not going to get picky about the 25ah difference between actual 615ah to expected 640ah because I used conservative voltage cutoff so I may actually have gotten more.
So, all in all, I'd say it was a successful purchase from liitokala on Aliexpress.

N.B. re the faulty DALY BMS SOC - I have since learned that there's a bug in some recent Daly BMS firmware which incorrectly reports the SOC. It doesn't affect the capacity of the battery either, and for many people, especially those who use external battery monitors (I use a Victron BMV-712), they will never even notice it. It only affects those who monitor their battery capacity via the SMART BMS App.

View attachment 55901

View attachment 55902

View attachment 55903
Not bad then I was expecting them to turn out to be 280ah cells. What was the delivery time? And which supplier did you use?

Not bad then I was expecting them to turn out to be 280ah cells. What was the delivery time? And which supplier did you use?

Ya, I was afraid of them being 280ah too so I was very happy when I got past 610ah (or 305ah per unparalleled cell)
Delivery was 2 months to Sydney Australia.
Link is in a few comments above but the kit may have expired. Use the store from that link and they have updated kits for around the same price.

Expected results:

Actual results:
?
?
?
)
615ah = 43ah + 572ah

Waiting for 16 of these same ones from the LiitoKala Official Store to arrive in Texas. I'll be using a JBD 16S BMS which got here a lot faster than the proverbial slow boat from China that the batteries are on, so I'm steering clear of the Daly problems.

JBD BMS.jpg

The batteries are listed as grade A, brand new and the price at $1835 shipped was close to the "too good to be true" mark - that was during the AliExpress summer sale a month ago ... so your test results are comforting!

Back