diy solar

diy solar

Felicity BMS EDMS program

recommended charge current max 45A
recommended discharge current max 60A
if one time this indication acure no problem discard
if many time or every days ,you should check your BMS

The sales from Felicity send me the Serial communication kit that consist of RS232 DB9 adapter to USB for PC, RS485 to RS232 Adapter wired to a RJ45 to the Battery RS485 port.

Just finished wiring up the entire 300A battery pack in parallel for Balancing. It will not talk to the older version of EDMS 1.5, but works fine with the newer 1.6 & 1.7 version of the EDMS software.

Available on Amazon UTEK UT-2001 RS232 to RS485 adapter. and UTEK UT-8801 1.5M length USB to RS323 converter Ver 2.0

View attachment 129308
View attachment 129309
View attachment 129310
View attachment 129311
View attachment 129312
View attachment 129313
View attachment 129314
According to your picture that connected 7 units of felicity batteries together so what readings on software can you post pictures?

As this has now been posted to the forums and apparently they are no longer using it, here is a newer version.
If you fuck up your batteries, down to you !!!
I downloaded the app, I don't want to edit anything I just want to see info, what are the steps to do this?

I downloaded the app, I don't want to edit anything I just want to see info, what are the steps to do this?
You need a working RS485 to USB dongle wired correctly, start EDMS and hit the "closed" (becomes "open") button top right. It will connect and start collecting data after 20-40 seconds. Search the forums for Felicity and use the manual.

You need a working RS485 to USB dongle wired correctly, start EDMS and hit the "closed" (becomes "open") button top right. It will connect and start collecting data after 20-40 seconds. Search the forums for Felicity and use the manual.
I couldn't find any user manual, and when I tried contacting them they refused to give me the app so I think they won't send a manual also

I just bought one Felicity lpbf48300 15kwh battery and have been trying all day to connect it to my Growatt SPF5000 es but not working.
A friend says the battery is not compatible with growatt. Is this true?

I just bought one Felicity lpbf48300 15kwh battery and have been trying all day to connect it to my Growatt SPF5000 es but not working.
A friend says the battery is not compatible with growatt. Is this true?
You will need a different RS485 cable than the one shipped with the Battery and Inverter. Although My Felicity LPBF48300 shipped with this cable recently. I had 2 RS485 cables in the box. The difference is just the RJ45 Pinouts One for Felicity Inverters (Straight through) and the other (Pin 1,2 and 5,6 swapped) for Other Inverters like Growatt, Deye, etc. Take a look a the attached file to see settings instructions to get the battery to communicate with your growatt inverter.

Attachments

• Deye Grawatt Felicity.pdf
    324.7 KB · Views: 193
You will need a different RS485 cable than the one shipped with the Battery and Inverter. Although My Felicity LPBF48300 shipped with this cable recently. I had 2 RS485 cables in the box. The difference is just the RJ45 Pinouts One for Felicity Inverters (Straight through) and the other (Pin 1,2 and 5,6 swapped) for Other Inverters like Growatt, Deye, etc. Take a look a the attached file to see settings instructions to get the battery to communicate with your growatt inverter.

Thank you so much for this. Will try it out and revert. Quick question please. There are two RJ-45 ports on the back of the Felicity LPBF48300. Which one do I use to connect to the growatt spf5000es?

Thank you so much for this. Will try it out and revert. Quick question please. There are two RJ-45 ports on the back of the Felicity LPBF48300. Which one do I use to connect to the growatt spf5000es?
Any one of them. Only one goes to the inverter, the second loops to a second battery if you have 2 or more batteries.

Any one of them. Only one goes to the inverter, the second loops to a second battery if you have 2 or more batteries.
Thank you so much. It worked but only when I put the RJ45 cable in the BMS port of the growatt inverter.

I also noticed something else. The growatt never exceeds 55V when charging and stays at 54V when floating even when it received 57.6V charging voltage from the Felicity BMS. When I check the charging and floating voltage on the growatt, I see same values 57.6V but charging voltage never gets to this amount. Any cause for alarm?

Thank you so much. It worked but only when I put the RJ45 cable in the BMS port of the growatt inverter.

I also noticed something else. The growatt never exceeds 55V when charging and stays at 54V when floating even when it received 57.6V charging voltage from the Felicity BMS. When I check the charging and floating voltage on the growatt, I see same values 57.6V but charging voltage never gets to this amount. Any cause for alarm?
Many things might be responsible for this. >Battery Age, >Battery Internal Resistance, >Unbalanced cells, >Inverter Parameters (Settings).
You should run the charge and discharge cycle for some days, maybe weeks and see if there will be a difference.

You can also send me your number, I'm also in Abuja. I could come check things out for you to make sure you got everything right. See my own setup below.
2x 8KW Deye Hybrid Inverters EU-Version.
4x 15KW Felicity LPBF48300 Battery Packs.
24x 600W Canadian Solar Panels.
10x 540W Felicity Solar Panels.

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpeg
    IMG_4917.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 23
The sales from Felicity send me the Serial communication kit that consist of RS232 DB9 adapter to USB for PC, RS485 to RS232 Adapter wired to a RJ45 to the Battery RS485 port.

Just finished wiring up the entire 300A battery pack in parallel for Balancing. It will not talk to the older version of EDMS 1.5, but works fine with the newer 1.6 & 1.7 version of the EDMS software.

Available on Amazon UTEK UT-2001 RS232 to RS485 adapter. and UTEK UT-8801 1.5M length USB to RS323 converter Ver 2.0

View attachment 129311

hello, thanks for the hints, I'm also in the process of reading Felicity's memory. Which wires must be connected to the UTEK UT-2201, all 6? best thanks in advance.

hello, thanks for the hints, I'm also in the process of reading Felicity's memory. Which wires must be connected to the UTEK UT-2201, all 6? best thanks in advance.
I managed it with the cables, you just have to take your time ;)
Felicity side Pin5 (485-) and Pin6 (485+)
UTEK UT-2201 port side T/R- and T/R+ and that works all the way.

But how can I also let it be recorded?

After a number of charge/discharge cycles, the voltage will be able to go higher in the batteries.

can you tell me please..
how i can make a communication cable between battery and laptop

As this has now been posted to the forums and apparently they are no longer using it, here is a newer version.
If you fuck up your batteries, down to you !!!
can you tell me please..

that's the correct one above , this what was posted
whatsapp-image-2023-01-02-at-6-33-28-pm-jpeg.127504
can you tell me please..

View attachment 129308
View attachment 129309
View attachment 129310
View attachment 129311
View attachment 129312
View attachment 129313
View attachment 129314
can you tell me please..

Back