diy solar

diy solar

Felicity LPBA unbalanced cells

abdallah.91

Hello dears,

I am importing Felicity LPBA 48V 170 Ah 16s1p LiFePo4 battery which defined to be CATL grade A cells from China. unfortunately 1 battery I installed it for my sister's house after it gets fully charged from utility for example and restrd long time on around 54v but stops charging by BMS and shows 100% SoC, when utility or sun disappears so inverter starts taking power from the battery and even it take just few ampers from it, after few minutes its voltage drops to around 52.5v or less and SoC is showing 98% for example. does this voltage suits that SoC? and the voltage drops fastly to 52.5V which is logically indicates <75% but BMS SoC is showing above 95%?
yesterday when the battery has got fully charged from the utility and stopped charging I connected the BMS to the PC monitor I surprised that difference between cells reached 0.2v as the attached photo shows. is it logic for a new battery?

please tell me your feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_223959.jpg
    IMG_20220614_223959.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 110
54 is a bit low for BMS shut down. Yes the cells could be better balanced but not drastically terrible. I recommend reducing charge voltage by 200 mV increments until the BMS no longer shuts down the battery. Let it run several weeks and see if the balance improves.

Although I'm not certain this is true for LifePO4 when I connect any sort of load to my GEL batteries the voltage immediately drops, as soon as the load goes away it goes back up. Essentially the voltage drops under load but you haven't actually lost that power it just looks that way. I would try disconnecting your inverter when this happens to see if the voltage goes back up. If so then it seems like everything is working as it should be.

Hello dears,

I am importing Felicity LPBA 48V 170 Ah 16s1p LiFePo4 battery which defined to be CATL grade A cells from China. unfortunately 1 battery I installed it for my sister's house after it gets fully charged from utility for example and restrd long time on around 54v but stops charging by BMS and shows 100% SoC, when utility or sun disappears so inverter starts taking power from the battery and even it take just few ampers from it, after few minutes its voltage drops to around 52.5v or less and SoC is showing 98% for example. does this voltage suits that SoC? and the voltage drops fastly to 52.5V which is logically indicates <75% but BMS SoC is showing above 95%?
yesterday when the battery has got fully charged from the utility and stopped charging I connected the BMS to the PC monitor I surprised that difference between cells reached 0.2v as the attached photo shows. is it logic for a new battery?

First you need ro educate yourself about lifepo4 battery charging and balancing. I suggest you watch Andy channel as he made a lot of experiments about charging voltages

Here’s a post LINK about my would be charging profile after reading victron suggestions and watching Andy videos. Wish it helps you.

Last edited:
Hello dears,

Hello dear, were you able to solve the balancing issue? and do you have the password for the EDMS program you used to inspect your batteries?
You need to access the paramsettings and admin settings to do so/ i have the same issue with 2 LPBF48300 connected to a Deye 12k inverter

Hello everyone, I have a pair of Felicity 300amp Lithium batteries LPBF48300, I used the EDMS software to check the status of the cells and noted 2 cells that were unbalanced, unfortunately, I do not have the password to access the paramsettings and adminsettings to calibrate everything.

If anyone has these passwords I would appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-19 162932.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-19 162932.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2022-08-19 164754.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-19 164754.png
    415.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot 2022-09-05 184348.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-05 184348.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot 2022-09-05 184446.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-05 184446.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 100
Hello dears,

Hello abedallah i have lpbf48300 its work perfectly but fully charged 55 volt soc 100%
But i need the software to connect bms with my pc to monitor battery please

Hello dears,

Hello would like to ask if the bms of felicity battery make in the future fault will it continue charging or it beep somewhere like inverters do with code in plz any help here

Hello everyone, I have a pair of Felicity 300amp Lithium batteries LPBF48300, I used the EDMS software to check the status of the cells and noted 2 cells that were unbalanced, unfortunately, I do not have the password to access the paramsettings and adminsettings to calibrate everything.

The password is "Felicity2021"

Ihre vorherige Nachricht
I have a LPBF48250 battery on the DEYE SUN12k.
Communication to the Deye is there.

But I would like to read the cell voltages and Cell drift on the notebook.

please how do I connect to the notebook and read Data with EDMS

thank you very much​

Attachments

• 20230819_160024.jpg
    20230819_160024.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 14

Hello,
I'm new here and I'm from Germany, sorry for my not so good English.

I have a Felicitysolar LPBF48250 battery on the DEYE SUN12k.

But I would like to read the SOC Cell voltages and Cell drift on the notebook. please how do I connect to the notebook and read Data with EDMS

thank you very much

Hello,
I'm new here and I'm from Germany, sorry for my not so good English.

I have a Felicitysolar LPBF48250 battery on the DEYE SUN12k.

But I would like to read the SOC Cell voltages and Cell drift on the notebook. please how do I connect to the notebook and read Data with EDMS

thank you very much
problem solved? (bei mir hat es geklappt)

Back