diy solar

diy solar

Felicity Solar Lithium Batteries

msidani

Hello, This is my first time building a solar solution for my house. Also this is my first post.

I researched my house needs, and the battery I need should be somewhere between 10Kwh and 15Kwh.

I found this Battery: Felicity 48V 170ah Battery LPBA48170 Data Sheet

I was thinking of buying two of these batteries and hooking them up in parallel.

My question is, anyone have any experience with felicity brand? In Lebanon where I live it is becoming more and more famous. However online I can see very little reviews of this battery.

Anyone used felicity lithium? And do you advice with using them or against?

The price of each battery from the distributor here is $2300 per battery.

They offer 2 year warranty their customer support is really good, are you planning using them daily or as a backup system? only thing with those batteries is they offer 3000 cycles usually LFP batteries offer 6000 cycles but i have used them in here and they work really well.

They offer 2 year warranty their customer support is really good, are you planning using them daily or as a backup system? only thing with those batteries is they offer 3000 cycles usually LFP batteries offer 6000 cycles but i have used them in here and they work really well.
Thanks for your reply! The Model I saw they stated 6000 cycles. There are some other models that have 3000 cycles.

I am planning to use them daily. In the day the solar should do be enough to charge the batteries + house consumption.

In the night I will rely on these batteries for around1000 watts per hour.

you have to be mindful of the charge and discharge current limit i think for the model you want is 80A so max 3840w if your inverter is rated for more than that you should get 2 in parallel and this battery will last a long time.

oh felicity.
on the 170AH model, they used 170AH CATL cells which is around 3500 cycles new.

i doubt they used new cells, since the price is not manageable, plus alot of 170AH second hand cells flooding the market in China.
i mean, its not that bad, but advertising as 6000 cycles is miles misleading.

also they have cheaper model 200AH the real capacity is around 170AH. check this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/felicity-solar-batteries.26277/#post-310878

my friend also tried the 150AH model (7.5KW very popular in Lebanon) he managed to pull around 4.4kW from it ONLY.

we also checked the felicity 5kW inverters, they only delivered 3kW and triggered overload protection (same bad quality as Sako inverters)
just whenever you hear felicity or sako just run away. not worth your money.

i have felicity lithium battery 12.5k with revo 2 5.5k off grid inverter , i need the rs232 or can pins assignment in the inverter in order to prepare commnication cable

i have felicity lithium battery 12.5k with revo 2 5.5k off grid inverter , i need the rs232 or can pins assignment in the inverter in order to prepare commnication cable
I think the Felicity is compatible only with GrowattSPF, DEYE and Felicity inverters

Finally showed at my place will update with more details and pictures... 2 more coming on Monday.
Resized_20220909_140615.jpgResized_20220909_142533.jpg

can you update us on what cells are use in this battery pack, with photos please?
I will once I'm back to US, I'm in Spain now at my property. I have received 3 of them and one of them will be completely open and inspected with plenty of pictures and my personal opinion on this matter, is it worth the money.
When I have received first one there was very limited information on software to connect to PC.
Another 2 units just showed up and my Dad is getting them from LTL company to my house.
I will try to speak with felicity solar engineers about software and other things this unit is capable of. It took almost 4 months to get it here in US.

Anyone has a similar problem. My 7.5kwh felicity 48v lithium battery is not working any more and when it is connected to Deye it shows no battery.

I will once I'm back to US, I'm in Spain now at my property. I have received 3 of them and one of them will be completely open and inspected with plenty of pictures and my personal opinion on this matter, is it worth the money.
When I have received first one there was very limited information on software to connect to PC.
Another 2 units just showed up and my Dad is getting them from LTL company to my house.
I will try to speak with felicity solar engineers about software and other things this unit is capable of. It took almost 4 months to get it here in US.

I'm looking forward to your review on these. I was about to purchase 7 of them, but now I'm hesitant.

I'm looking forward to your review on these. I was about to purchase 7 of them, but now I'm hesitant.
just don't, this brand is flooding the market in our country. theres alot of complaints about false advertising and under capacity.
best option to buy automotive grade cells or preassembled packs from reputable brands like BYD battery box/luxpower...

just don't, this brand is flooding the market in our country. theres alot of complaints about false advertising and under capacity.
best option to buy automotive grade cells or preassembled packs from reputable brands like BYD battery box/luxpower...
The Felicity 48300 are BYD cells

The Felicity 48300 are BYD cells
Yes automotive recycled cells. These cells are used to their 80% life and then are sold to battery assembly companies who will just fit them in a box with BMS and sell it to the market as new cells inside. This is cheating! They can well inform buyers about the quality and let them decide to buy or not. Problems will start when one of the cells will degrade due to unstable chemistry after the 80% of their life and this will degrade the whole battery. So beware

Hello, This is my first time building a solar solution for my house. Also this is my first post.

I researched my house needs, and the battery I need should be somewhere between 10Kwh and 15Kwh.

I found this Battery: Felicity 48V 170ah Battery LPBA48170 Data Sheet

I was thinking of buying two of these batteries and hooking them up in parallel.

My question is, anyone have any experience with felicity brand? In Lebanon where I live it is becoming more and more famous. However online I can see very little reviews of this battery.

Anyone used felicity lithium? And do you advice with using them or against?

The price of each battery from the distributor here is $2300 per battery.
I had bad experience with Felecity batteries, it given smoke in few days use. I research through their web site and enquire from distributor also. They use low grade lithium material which is recycled, age of the battery is less than 5 years and it will show signs of deterioration after one year. I change my batteries with other brand.

The Felicity 48300 are yes reused batteries, which are not bad at all for solar. considering lead acid is even worse than the cheapest used lifepo4 battery. so for solar usage cheap used lifepo4 is a not a bad option . the problem with felicity is under capacity on almost all their batteries (around 33% less) + false advertisement.
all in all, not an honest company.

Hello,
We are in Lebanon, and because of the local situation there is almost no electricity from the state. We have planned to install solar energy, I am sending you a copy of the quote from the company that gave the impression of being the most serious. Can you please tell me what you think of this quote, is the proposal reliable, is the material safe?
Thank you again.

Attachments

• solar quote.pdf
    122.2 KB · Views: 130
Hello,
We are in Lebanon, and because of the local situation there is almost no electricity from the state. We have planned to install solar energy, I am sending you a copy of the quote from the company that gave the impression of being the most serious. Can you please tell me what you think of this quote, is the proposal reliable, is the material safe?
Thank you again.
Woah dude. YES they are inflated!

Here are those items real prices if you buy them yourself (message me if you want references):
1- 8.7KW felicity: 1600$
2- 9 panels Jinko (Not 6) Grade A 550W: 1440$
3- Growatt 5000ES inverter: 550$.

You get the point. This is a ripoff.

Also, they did not specify the brand of the panels, today the Grade A panels are ~160$ each. At all costs avoid brands that are not JINKO, LONGI, TRINA, or Canadian Solar.

Back