diy solar

diy solar

figuring out my mega fuses for lynx distributor

Cloudy in oregon

hi everyone, im new to this forum and new to building solar systems, i have lived offf grid with solar my whole life and figured now that my old system in dying(my 35 year old trace inverter is doing some weird things) lol, it's time to learn and redo everything and go with lithium, along with actually learning how to build, use, maintain, and understand my new system. gotta give my old system credit tho thoose liquid lead acid batteries lasted 13 years. i use very little power, ive been watching my daily usage and im pulling about a .5amp to max 2 amps 110ac at any given time throughout the day.

My 24v setup will be as follows 1 array of 3550w canadian solar panels, one victron mppt 150/100 scc, one victron 3000w 24v multiplus 2, 2 24v 200ah eg4ll v2 server rack batteries, one lynx distributor, one cerbo gx with hd screen, one victron 500amp smart shunt,. i wanted a system that could easily be expandable in the future.

i will be salvaging wiring from my old system as most of it is 4/0 to 1/0 gauge wire and about 700 ft of 4awg wire.
my goal it to create a more streamlined system that doesn't look like a rats nest of random wires as my old system looks.

Anyways my question is with my lynx distributor i know i need mega fuses, im a bit confused on what size i should use, I couldn't afford a server rack from sig solar so i will be connecting my two batteries to a pos/neg bus bar then to the outside of on the lynx then inside i will have my scc connected, my inverter connected, and in the future my older panels will be connected using another smaller victron mppt. that will come later tho.
what i've found is my mppt says min battery fuse of 120a and max 140a, my inverter just says recommended dc fuse of 300a
are those the fuse sizes ill want to put in my lynx distributor?

I realize i may have left out information that's needed, but if someone could tell me the calculations i need to do for each fuse that would be awesome! thanks!

Last edited:
Back