diy solar

diy solar

Final wiring diagram prep, please confirm I am doing it right !

sprinter99

Hi folks,

I am getting ready to start wiring my system and I just want to double check if I am doing it right. If you have any advice or warning please let me know. I am still a rookie in this solar world !

4 LG Bi-facial panels wired in 2S2P. ( Voc (V): 49.8 , Isc (A): 13.29, Vmpp (V): 41.6, Impp (A): 12.51 )
2 branch connectors mc4 to wire in 2s2p
90ft of mc4 connectors wires ( 8awg) running to the house.
On/Off DC switch just before the charge controller just in case I need to work on panels.

Victron 150/60 Charge controller
4awg wire running to battery bank fused with 60a Cicruit Breaker

Battery Bank
8 12v 140ah AGM wired to make a 24v battery bank. (is the correct language 2s4p or 4s2p ?)
4awg wire used to interconnect battery bank

opposite sides +/- 2awg wire runs to MSH4024M Magna sine 4000w inverter. + wire fused by a 200a circuit breaker ( is it enough or should I do 300a? )
10/2 wires running from Inverter to 120v Main house Panel. ( no 240v used)

I am a little overwelmed by the project and any information or confirmation will help alot ! thank you

Mario

Is this off grid? I don't you should be hooking into the house panel if you have grid.

If you want 24v 560ah then 2s4p for the batteries

Have you already purchased the batteries? Four parallel 24V banks is not a good choice. Un-equal resistance between strings will cause one or another bank to be overcharged, and others to be undercharged, bringing the whole bank to premature aging more quickly.

You would be better off with a single string of 6 of these batteries.

IMHO...Cable connecting the batteries should be heavier than 4awg. 2awg or 1awg would be better.
I have 205ah of batteries @ 12v, and I use 2awg.

Back