diy solar

diy solar

Finally Arrived Victron Multiplus II

Nice write up.

Of course it makes no difference that the wires from the solar panels to the SCC are equal. But, it is important that the wires from each of your parallel batteries to the busbar are equal in length.

Safe to assume that is the case ?
Yes all the red wires from each battery thru the Red Covered bus bar are the same length. The black wires from each battery to the shunt then on to the black covered bus bar are the same length. They are not the same length as the red wires but that does not matter.

That's a lot of work! You plan to secure all the wires, right? Since it is a mobile environment, every wire needs to be secured to prevent strain on the connections. That's all I can come up with for constructive criticism. Good job!
At some point before the trailer is dragged to the storage lot I will tie wires together that make sense and secure to the plywood and also affix the bottom plywood to the trailer. Right now it is helpful to have some flexibility in positioning to make connections such as the 6 guage wire to the fuse closest to the MultiplusII.

The MultiplusII has a bracket that hooks to the wall and then one lifts the Victron pushes against wall and let it slide down to engage the bracket. Gravity is the only think holding that down. I took the added precaution of drilling a hole and screwing the bottom of the unit to the plywood. I may even install a second screw as hanging that damn thing was all my son and I could do and we really do not ever want to try it again.

Also once I connect a few more thinks like the B+ lead for each battery to the shunt the plastic fuse covers will be put over the fuse holder.

Back