diy solar

diy solar

Finding the correct bms for my charging setup

audiofrequenz

Hey Guys,

I'm currently planning to build my first 12V 60AH LiFePO4 battery.
The battery is planned to work as a utility battery (air/diesel heater, lights, charge smartphones...) inside a small vw bus.
Therefor i'm planning to load the battery with a votronic 1212-30 B2B charge booster.
The charging current of these booster is 30A.
As i was looking for a capable BMS which is not overpriced i was stumbling accross this forum.
I would like to use a Daly BMS, but i'm a little bit confused about how to find the correct one,
and therefor i have some questions where i hope you guys can help me with.

1. The Daly 18650 with a rating of 60A states that it's charge current is 30A. Should I consider to take a different BMS because of my charing current will always be the max the bms can handle (overheating...)?
2. Which Daly BMS would you recomment to me for my setup (12V/60AH Winston LiFeYPO4/Votronic 1212-30)
3. Is it nessesary to use a seperate charge/discharge port bms because of the b2b booster, so that it wont be fried up when the bms shuts down the battery, or is this not possible?
4. If i would use a daly bms with a rating of 100A or more, does this only indicates that the max output current the bms can handly is 100+ Amps, so it should be save to use in my environment?

Thanks in advance and sorry for grammatical errors/words/spellings, english is not my native language.

Greetings from germany

Back