diy solar

diy solar

Finished my 3D Printed 12V 310Ah Battery Case

Very nice! Didn't thought about printing a case, even that I have a 3D printer. Made my own case out of steel which is quite heavy.

Outch, that wound seems painful, what happend?

Your last pic shows you are properly invested in the project. Well done!

the bussbars look capable of high amperage for sure!
very VERY well done. I like it!

? very apparent high build quality

nice plating, cool printed enclosure! nice touch with the balancing cable holder between 3d printed parts.

inspirational build.

what advice do you have about handling stud install with those cells? i’m uncertain how to make ultimate best connection to 280/310Ah cell terminal.

upload a new photo of your hand so we know it’s ok

Great work, everything looks aweseome! I would absolutely have a need to put lego's on the top, lol!

On a serious note; how long did it take for the case? I don't have a 3D printer, but I've been slowly dipping my toes into that world lately.

? very apparent high build quality

nice plating, cool printed enclosure! nice touch with the balancing cable holder between 3d printed parts.

inspirational build.

what advice do you have about handling stud install with those cells? i’m uncertain how to make ultimate best connection to 280/310Ah cell terminal.

upload a new photo of your hand so we know it’s ok
The studs on these cells were welded on already and it came with M6 nuts. I did break 1 stud off and had to drill out and tap to a M8. This was really tedious as I could only drill down about 3mm but it worked out well in the end.

Hand is healing fine.
IMG_0401.jpg

Great work, everything looks aweseome! I would absolutely have a need to put lego's on the top, lol!

On a serious note; how long did it take for the case? I don't have a 3D printer, but I've been slowly dipping my toes into that world lately.
The whole case takes about 3 days to print. I used Carbon Fiber PETG for it so it is super tough.

Where did you get your cells?
They changed the listing to 302ah now though...

This is a great build!!! Congrats!!.. would you be willing to share the .STL files or post to thingiverse? I was just about to head down a similar path for my 4S builds.

The studs on these cells were welded on already and it came with M6 nuts. I did break 1 stud off and had to drill out and tap to a M8. This was really tedious as I could only drill down about 3mm but it worked out well in the end.
Was the breakage operator error or a faulty stud? Trying to get a decent M8 thread formed in only 3mm must have been pretty tedious.

I don't have enough experience with torque values on small fasteners to have a feel for that. I wonder is 8nm is a bit much for m6? Was a torque spec provided with the cells?

Back