diy solar

diy solar

Firmware flaw... need a magician.

Externet

Good day.
The single front panel button in my Growatt inverter shows a flaw, and probably all of them do. Touching once is supposed to go one step to next screen. From sleep state, jumps two steps missing the 'current power' display, landing in 'day energy'

I was going to tamper with its circuitry after Growatt customer service showed being good for nothing, but voiding warranty is to consider. Besides, what appeared a push button may be actually a finger capacitive sensor.

What would be a way for a user to fix the programmer's goof ? Growatt big shots may be in another planet to notice/fix minor things, they only count currency.

Honestly I would not waste my time!
Without the source code and documentation it would be a very difficult process that only the most skilled persons could attempt.
Growatt has so many other bigger issues that they have not fixed, so I am pretty sure this one does not even get a spot on their to do list.
Growatt is selling a ton of units in third world countries, I doubt that North American sales even make a blip on their radar and it's a safe bet that people in those countries are not looking for perfection, they only care that it basically works and that the price is low.
Lastly they know that any firmware updates they release will ultimately end up in a percentage of units getting bricked, so they probably don't want to do it unless their is a major issue that needs to be addressed.

Back