diy solar

diy solar

Firmware for Seplos BMS to work with Sofar ME3000SP

unkel

Hi all

Got the Seplos BMS installed yesterday on my 32 CALB 200Ah cell battery (16S2P), the battery is working fine with the Sofar ME3000SP (using DEFAULT settings) and the Seplos is working fine, but the Seplos and Sofar do not communicate over CAN port. We tested the cable on a friend's identical setup and it's working fine.

I believe I need a specific firmware for the Seplos to work with the Sofar

Anyone have one that I could try?

Hi all

Got the Seplos BMS installed yesterday on my 32 CALB 200Ah cell battery (16S2P), the battery is working fine with the Sofar ME3000SP (using DEFAULT settings) and the Seplos is working fine, but the Seplos and Sofar do not communicate over CAN port. We tested the cable on a friend's identical setup and it's working fine.

I believe I need a specific firmware for the Seplos to work with the Sofar

Anyone have one that I could try?

Attachments

• 1F0BD640-AD09-46F4-A913-36F9F07B1459.jpeg
    1F0BD640-AD09-46F4-A913-36F9F07B1459.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 114
Hi,

my Seplos works fine with the ME3000.
On Sofar ME3000 I chose General Lithium as proposed by Iamwhoiam.
On the BMS dont forget to set CAN -> Sofar on the top right corner of the Battery Monitor.

BMS Software Version 2.7

I also needed to modify the cable to the sofar inverter. I think only leave pin 4/5.

Good luck

Yes I'm using general lithium on Sofar and have the Seplos set to CAN -> Sofar

No joy, in fact the Seplos completely denies access to the Sofar when in general lithium mode and even in DEFAULT mode most of the time, while there are no error messages on the Seplos.

It's unworkable, myself and a friend who has the exact same setup spent a full day on Saturday trying to get it going, but to no avail. Seplos support isn't helping either, they just sent me generic info on the Seplos without addressing my one question could they send me a firmware file.

Either my Seplos has a hardware fault or I need a different firmware (that I don't seem to be able to get from anywhere)

I'm going to take the Seplos out now. The Sofar has been working perfectly for me with my CALB batteries for 16 months. Batteries were still in balance (I manually check regularly). I really could do without the hassle of the Seplos (which adds very little value from where I'm standing)

Working beautifully for me, gives me extra peace of mind as it throttles back if things start to get warm, and will disconnect the load if anything gets wonky.

Yes I'm using general lithium on Sofar and have the Seplos set to CAN -> Sofar

No joy, in fact the Seplos completely denies access to the Sofar when in general lithium mode and even in DEFAULT mode most of the time, while there are no error messages on the Seplos.

It's unworkable, myself and a friend who has the exact same setup spent a full day on Saturday trying to get it going, but to no avail. Seplos support isn't helping either, they just sent me generic info on the Seplos without addressing my one question could they send me a firmware file.

Either my Seplos has a hardware fault or I need a different firmware (that I don't seem to be able to get from anywhere)

I'm going to take the Seplos out now. The Sofar has been working perfectly for me with my CALB batteries for 16 months. Batteries were still in balance (I manually check regularly). I really could do without the hassle of the Seplos (which adds very little value from where I'm standing)
can you kindly pls task them again to provide you the Sofar firmware. they can even remotely install it for you if you want. Are you sure you have a 10C on the sticker ?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can anyone tell me how to get to a constant voltage charging phase with the Seplos 10E + ME3000SP?
My inverter just stops charging when the BMS sets the battery SoC to 100%, that's it. So I only get the 50A constant current charging, sometimes followed by the 10A constant current charging (if the monomer overvoltage alarm is hit sufficiently before the overvoltage alarm), but no constant voltage stage with current progressively dropping

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can anyone tell me how to get to a constant voltage charging phase with the Seplos 10E + ME3000SP?
My inverter just stops charging when the BMS sets the battery SoC to 100%, that's it. So I only get the 50A constant current charging, sometimes followed by the 10A constant current charging (if the monomer overvoltage alarm is hit sufficiently before the overvoltage alarm), but no constant voltage stage with current progressively dropping
told you before ; contact sofar

still the bms cannot control if your inverter send cv charge to it..
can only send "lower charge"..

Back