diy solar

diy solar

First battery build and props to Jenny at Docan Technology

mfl_jr

So, wanted to say hello to the forum and throw another endorsement to the folks over at Docan Technology, specifically @Jenny Wu that helped me out with my order.

I've been reading so much here that it makes my head spin sometimes, but I feel confident that there is such a huge knowledge bank here that someone will have the answer to any issues or questions that I run into.

Last night I made my mind up to take the leap of faith and I ordered some EVE LF280 cells. The order process was super easy and I am hopeful that I'll get my tracking information today so I can start the typical 'gotta go check for delivery updates' ritual.

Now, what to use for a BMS...

Oh, and then what voltages and settings do I want to use for my charge controller...

It just never ends :)

I'll add some pictures once the cells show up, but hopefully that'll just be 'another boring unboxing of the consistently great cells from Docan'.

I have been corresponding with Jenny in regard to some CATL 302AH batteries that I was going to buy from the Houston store. I delayed ordering them because I was out of town and didn't want them sitting on the front porch while we were gone. So when I did finally try to order them, they were out of stock at the Houston store. So, enter Jenny to help me with the problem. She said that they were expecting to get more in around the 15th of November (approx. date) I also wanted to order and pay for them, but.....delay the actual shipping until Dec. 3rd because we will be out of town again in November (wife is having heart surgery 500 miles from home). So, she sent me an invoice, I paid for the batteries using paypal, and the batteries will ship on Dec. 3rd....a perfect scenario for me and she was so very easy to do business with that it was refreshing. This will be my very first build and I'm anxious to get the ball rolling, but obviously, my wife's medical needs come first......Jenny just made it a lot easier to make things come together for this. Thanks in advance Jenny! ?

Cost was about $100.00 for 80” it was enough to get two batteries done with enough left over to do half of a third.

It is a three layer bar rated at 250amp, not too hard to drill start small and work your way up. You want to clamp the layers together when you drill for the best results.

Back