diy solar

diy solar

First question! Daly BMS unable to communicate with PC!

Nakinto

Been looking around and can't find this answer! I tried interfacing via bluetooth, Sinowealth just sits there "SBS Task Scanning" doesn't move. After about 45 minutes program locks up and locks up the COM port too! I tried it with the USB UART and the same problem... UART is connected to Com 6, select it and it says OK! but the program just can't scan? below you can see what it does. I have tried with just one cell, with 14 cells, I have tried all the different ICs I have tried restarting my computer, disconnecting and reconnecting the BMS, tried it on 4 other BMS's (I have 5 14s battery packs) I have tried using the DalyBMSMonitor (PCMaster) and that just opens the port, never displays a thing... Yes, I am running everything as administrator FYI. I have tried changing the COM port associated with the USB and the bluetooth, no dice.

OH, I have gone through https://diysolarforum.com/resources/daly-sinowealth-software.103/ and the manual with it, nothing in there says what the IC is even for :*(***

Any kinda help would be GREATLY appreciated.
wtf Sino.PNG

Not sure, if you solved your problem already. But if it still does not communicate, try charging your battery. It happened to me, that one in two DALY-BMS did not start by themself. However after charging the battery, they started communicating immediately.

Still been working on this, ty for the message KaFun. My battery is at 100%. Bluetooth connects on the phone but only tells me the battery voltage, nothing else. Not eve individual cell voltages. Still having this problem, ANYONE have more info?

That sounds like there is nothing going right ...
When you say "Bluetooth connects on the phone ...", I assume you have a DALY BT dongle attached (and nothing else). So then only the phone app would access the BMS and you should get all the information.
Same should happen, if you use instead of Bluetooth UART connected with a proper adapter to your PC. In that case, BT would of course not report anything. But your PC should receive all relevant information.

Have you checked if your setup is correct? How do you know your battery is at 100% SoC?

I had the exact same problem, went around and around with DALY they were no help and I have not been able to find a solution. My two 12v 4S 250 amp BMS will not register loads below about 3amps so the SOC doesn’t work.

@Nakinto: Do you have tried the BMSMonitor-software? As far as i remember, Sinowealth is not working with more than 4S-packs. If you are using 14S-packs, i would try BMSMonitor ( PCMaster)

@Nakinto: I had the same problem wiith Sinowealth and dalyBMS software. I have a 5S 12V LTO BMS, which could communicate with bluetooth and the Android app, but wouldn't talk to either of the sinowealth or daly programs. But I found the PCMaster package does work with this BMS. I downloaded it from Currentconnected, and installed to windows10, running on an old Intel NUC. Currently all fine except there doesn't seem to be any explanation of the settings.

I have same issue wint a Daly 200A/4s Lifepo4 BMS, works fine with bluetooth and DalyBms on pc, buth with Sinowealth I cannot connect to pc. I want to change the minimum charging current value because not register loads below about 3amps so the SOC doesn’t work. Can somebody help me? Thanks!

Is there allready a sollution for the connection with sinowealth to change the min charging current...?

my setup is 4s LIFEPO4 with a daly 4s 12V 120A smart bms, works fine with bleutooth dongle, and pc master. (usb-uart cable) but can't read the stats of my batterie in sinowealth...
PC master adding no value to what you can do with the bleutooth dongle, sinowealth is far more superior...

Last edited:
Is there allready a sollution for the connection with sinowealth to change the min charging current...?

my setup is 4s LIFEPO4 with a daly 4s 12V 120A smart bms, works fine with bleutooth dongle, and pc master. (usb-uart cable) but can't read the stats of my batterie in sinowealth...
PC master adding no value to what you can do with the bleutooth dongle, sinowealth is far more superior...
Have you found any solution? Mine also works fine with the PC master, but sinowealth shows no values...

I have the same problem here. I can connect with Bluetooth and PCMaster, but not with Sinowealh, no matter what settings and IC number I have chosen.

Back