diy solar

diy solar

Flat/Angled mounting of EG4 3000EHV-48 inverter

elizabethii

I have a pair of EG4 3000EHV-48 inverters. However, with my available wall-space and the clearance specified in the manual for airflow/cooling, I'm having trouble cramming them on the wall, much less potentially adding 2 more to move more of my load to solar in the future. In the manual, I haven't found anything that says I can't mount them flat, or on a 45-degree angle or similar. Being able to stack them in a non-wall mounted configuration should give me all the space I need, but I'm not sure if it's a smart idea. Obviously I'd give them 4-6" from the front face of the inverters to the next shelf for ventilation and access to the screen and terminals. I'm sure I need to contact Signature Solar, but I keep forgetting about it during business hours...

No surprise, but Signature Solar stated that mounting the inverter in any other orientation than vertical would void the warranty and isn't recommended. I think I figured out a way to work around my issue by building a knee wall to mount the inverters to.

Back