diy solar

diy solar

Flexible busbars from AliExpress

Donlumber

I bought some Weber Power Tech flexible busbars from Li-ion Battery Manufacturer Store on 12/16.

Screenshot_20211231-140118_AliExpress.jpg
I figured they were coming from China since the original expected delivery date was in the end of January. I was pleasantly surprised to receive them today. It looks like they came from a US warehouse.
20211231_140327.jpg
They seem to be high quality. You can order from them with confidence.

20211231_140539.jpg
20211231_140317.jpg

Interesting. Are you planning to cut the plastic off and have a look? Or are they solid with room to flatten?

Can you strip one and see with the inside looks like ... Can you do a resistance test ?? (Just seeing if its copper or copper clad --

Is weberpowertech.com where you purchased or are they the ones that sent yo0u ?? or both?? (can you post alibaba address??

wow so many questions ....

sorry ....

@Jenny Wu - these are what your company should start carrying in Houston ... a HUGE percentage of the US uses these LiFePO4 batteries in mobile environments and these busbars would be excellent ... Thx

I have enough to strip one to see what's under the insulation. I'll check resistance and weigh them as well. They are heavy.

They are 3mm thick laminated copper. I didn't get a reliable ohm check (good meter is in the garage). The standard busbar weighs 44g.

20211231_150040.jpg
20211231_150129.jpg

20211231_150236.jpg

Attachments

• 20211231_150129.jpg
    20211231_150129.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 79
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how these things are made? Do they simply press thin laminations of copper together using a hydraulic press until they fuse, or are they welded?

Is there any reason for an oval hole? I get the reason for a solid bar but seems like an oversight to put it on a bar that flexes.

Is there any reason for an oval hole? I get the reason for a solid bar but seems like an oversight to put it on a bar that flexes.
Fits more batteries without having to perfectly match every configuration out there. Not all studs/holes are in the same spot, plus different sized batteries.

I think I have a reliable resistance reading. Does .7 ohms sound right?

I'd like to buy a set with no pre-drilled bolt holes ! Can't find a way to talk to these people ?

I think I have a reliable resistance reading. Does .7 ohms sound right?
There's no way; are you sure it's not reading milli-ohms?
Also, a lot of cheap meters are terrible at trying to read very small resistances (less than an ohm)

Fits more batteries without having to perfectly match every configuration out there. Not all studs/holes are in the same spot, plus different sized batteries.
If the buss is flexible, you would not need the holes to be elongated. The flex should take care of the minor issues [just like an elongated solution on a solid bus bar].

You tuber " Lithium Solar " found them and installed them on his batteries, he has a great video on them. He was worried about the batteries swelling and putting stress on the solid bus bars. I ordered them for my battery and installed them yesterday. My cell diff on my bms shows only .004 mv difference which is much closer than when I used the solid bus bars that came with my battery. They did come from a US warehouse in about a week.

They are quite decent in regards to quality, I brought some for my eve 304ah battery packs as they are for mobile use.

i Believe weber tech will customise them, but not sure on the quantity required for that to happen

Kuranaga, while it may be not as flexible as braided strap, it has a lot of flex, i can pull a fair bit of flex just with my fingers.

If a battery pack needs more flex than 1-3mm per cell, then there is something really wrong with the pack design.

I wish I’d seen these two months ago. Spent a considerable amount of time searching for 280 ah busbars and didn’t find this.

I just put two identical battery packs together. Between the cells I wanted to use a flexible cutting board (maybe .5mm or 1 mm thick) sandwiched between two pieces of 1 mm neoprene. Worked for one battery, but the second battery took up too much space, so I went with the cutting board only.

The battery with neoprene was 1/2” longer than the one without. That would need oval.

Back