diy solar

diy solar

Flexible Buss Bars

Yes, I know that one - that's where I get mine :)
I like your busbars and want to go the same route. Please can you tell me what diameter Cu pipe you used for the crimp?
Also, I'd like to go for the 195A rated braid which is 25mm x 3mm thick according to that website. This ( I think) is 1 size up from yours.
Do you think the same pipe diameter would work?
How critical is it to ensure the braid and the pipe match exactly?

In my case I use 18mm outer, 16mm inner diameter pipe. Make sure it's annealed. You might have issues fitting the larger one in this. You kinda want to have the inner diameter of the pipe he squeezed to be as close to the width of the braid as possible. That's why I went with 25mm braid since 16mm*pi/2 = 25mm. The next one up is 35mm, so that would mean an inner diameter around 22mm or so. This does make your contacts quite large. Another thing you can do is double up on the 25mm braid (so make 300A versions). It needs a bit of 'finesse' to find the correct initial amount of squeezing of the pipe to put the double braid in, but it's doable after some practice.

In my case I use 18mm outer, 16mm inner diameter pipe. Make sure it's annealed. You might have issues fitting the larger one in this. You kinda want to have the inner diameter of the pipe he squeezed to be as close to the width of the braid as possible. That's why I went with 25mm braid since 16mm*pi/2 = 25mm. The next one up is 35mm, so that would mean an inner diameter around 22mm or so. This does make your contacts quite large. Another thing you can do is double up on the 25mm braid (so make 300A versions). It needs a bit of 'finesse' to find the correct initial amount of squeezing of the pipe to put the double braid in, but it's doable after some practice.
Thanks, it looks like I should buy some smaller sample sizes and play around before committing to a large purchase.

Back