diy solar

diy solar

Flexible Solar Panels - Looking for Recommendations

Mike7840

I'm seeking feedback on flexible solar panels that I can attach to the roof of my travel trailer. I've done a significant amount of research about the pro's & con's of flexible panels but I think for my purposes, they seem to be the best option. I would appreciate any information about brands, models, sources and any other things that you have learned about your flexible panel setup.

My initial plan is to install a system that will eventually grow to about 300 watts using 2 maybe 3 panels depending on what brand and model I select. The brands offering flexible panels I've seen most advertised and written about include GoPower, Xantrex, Renogy, SunPower, ALLPOWERS and Windy Nation. If there are others that you've found to be worthy of consideration, please let me know. The attributes I'm looking for as I make my decision are the obvious - company and product reputation, quality, technical and customer support, ease of installation, documentation and to a lesser degree, price.

Here is what my current system plan thinking looks like:

• Battery - 100 AmpHour AGM. Likely to add a second battery at some point in the future
• Charge controller - 30 amp MPPT charge controller
• Flexible panel(s) - 100-160 watt panel. Likely to add additional panel(s) at some point in the future
• Battery monitor
• Initial usage will be for LED lighting, water pump, furnace fan, LP gas refrigerator, radio/stereo and phone/tablet charging
• Not planning to include an inverter initially but need to make sure what I install now, will support an inverter in the future to power a coffee maker, hair dryer and curling iron

Thanks!
Mike Niesen
Minnesota USA

yes,and about 5 months,i still have 2 of the discontinued ones from 6 or so years ago,going strong.

Back