diy solar

diy solar

Flickering Led lights with Victron Phoenix , Samlex 4024 , Reliance transfer switch (bonding?)

elvis-II

I am using a Reliance ProTran2 with a Samlex 4024 and Victron Phoenix 1200/24v and I have flickering led lights with both and no flickering with grid power. voltage is stable. I dont know if it is grounding related with the case ground. When i installed the Phoenix it was going to fault with the bonded neutral, so i moved to neutral floating. output was showing a open ground with a outlet tester, but when connected to the Reliance panel outlets tested correct with ground. Any suggestions?

Can you do a sketch how you have both inverters connected showing bonding between the transfer switch and grid connection?

Can you do a sketch how you have both inverters connected showing bonding between the transfer switch and grid connection?
Hope you understand this layout. sorry for the text but my hand is trembling today

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 16
I believe that the chassis bonding from both inverters is DC side. The samlex ground is connected inside to the breaker boxes up to the main panel. The Victron came with a GFCI but dont have a ground connected to it. The manual for the Victron Phoenix stated that default was floating neutral but mine came with bonded neutral. When connected to the transfer switch in bonded neutral the GFCI was popping out and going to fault. I changed to floating neutral and ground to the panel thru the 3 prong connector. the ground fault tester tested ok

Back