diy solar

diy solar

Fogstar Leisure Battery (UK) 280AH vs 300AH

Decto

Hi,

I currently have a pair of Renogy 170AH batteries in parallel and am looking to expand a little to get at least 6kWh storage.
I have a battery box I built which would take a third Renogy 170AH battery. This was the plan, however with the ongoing comedy of my discussions with Renogy customer service following some odd BMS behaviour, I really don't feel like giving them any more cash. Some engineer likely made a great product but the customer service is embarrassing and clueless.

Anyhow, Fogstar offer a 230AH, 280AH and 300AH leisure battery which in the same size battery case and I have enough wriggle room to install one in my battery box. The 280AH looks the best value as the 300AH is £100 / $125 more expensive which seems a lot for 20AH extra. Spec seems good 'Manufactured using Grade A EVE LiFePO4 Lithium cells, high discharge JBD BMS, built in Bluetooth and Heating as standard' and they are priced fairly compared to what I would pay to source cells, a BMS and build it into a enclosure. Shame it looks like they glued the lid shut...

Has anyone received and used one of these pre-assembled batteries?

Any reason not to go with the 280AH? rather than the 300AH, I did read there were some quality issues with the 280AH Eve grade A cells, but I would expect them to be matched when the battery was built so less of a concern for a finished pack.

"Has anyone received and used one of these pre-assembled batteries?"
Hopefully soon, I pre-ordered 2x 105ah fogstar drift batteries in Feb, they are due early May

I have one of the 105ah fogstar battery's and i must say it works very well (order this in November 2022 & received it end of Feb 2023) I don't go much below 25% of it's capacity and charging with solar.
Bluetooth range is very good and the app from fogstar is rather good (settings are locked down and that is understandable) early days but from what i am seeing all good.

Back