diy solar

diy solar

FOR SALE: 2x New JBD 120A 4s BMS.

baipin

Located in Ontario, Canada.

I am switching from a 12V to a 24V system for my bus, so I am selling two brand new JBD BMS ordered from Jaibada themselves, on Alibaba. Received a couple months ago. Since receiving them, I had hydraulically crimped the 6 leads coming off into 4AWG tinned Ancor lugs, and each of the 5 sense leads per BMS has been crimped with an adhesive-lined heat shrink 1/4" tinned connector. One of the BMS has been used to charge up my 12 cells once, prior to top balancing. The other has only been connected to ensure that it works and functions correctly. Besides that, they have not been used and are brand new. Everything is ready to plug and play!

Each BMS is $75 USD/$94 CAD
I need to get some sleep as it's nearly 3AM here, but I will gladly provide photos of it working, tomorrow! :)

I am in need of 4 more 280Ah EVE cells so I may complete my 16 cell 24V pack. I also need a 24V JBD BMS (I have other Arduinos using the JBD library, so it needs to be a JBD/Overkill BMS). Willing to figure out a trade + cash for either of those items.

1618884075214.png

1618884134073.png

1618884155765.png

1618884189082.png

Just a heads up; I did cover the area above the balance lead inputs, and the exit for the temperature lead, with Kapton tape. This should not affect thermal efficiency but does off a bit of protection and strain relief for the vulnerable temperature wire. Obviously it can be removed if you want; it's just tape.

UART to RS485 included as well!

I would sell everything for $130 USD or best offer.

View attachment 45874

View attachment 45875

View attachment 45876

View attachment 45877

Just a heads up; I did cover the area above the balance lead inputs, and the exit for the temperature lead, with Kapton tape. This should not affect thermal efficiency but does off a bit of protection and strain relief for the vulnerable temperature wire. Obviously it can be removed if you want; it's just tape.

UART to RS485 included as well!

I would sell everything for $130 USD or best offer.
I was just going to post a question about the best way to terminate the 6 #10 wires that come on the JBD 120 amp BMS.
I saw your post and that was so opportune. I see you used a #4 lug, did you cut back the #10 wire ends as they come pre soldered.

Thank you

Last edited:
I was just going to post a question about the best way to terminate the 6 #10 wires that come on the JBD 120 amp BMS.
I saw your post and that was so opportune. I see you used a #4 lug, did you cut back the #10 wire ends as they come pre soldered.

Thank you
Yes, absolutely! I don't think it'd be safe or effective to crimp pre-soldered wires. I've heard that can cause fractures, among other issues. I cut the wires back until I could pull the strands apart to ensure they weren't soldered, then crimped with a hammer die thatt I put in my press. I find I get much more consistent results and solid crimps using a 12 ton press vs. a hammer, even though it's the same die.

Yes, absolutely! I don't think it'd be safe or effective to crimp pre-soldered wires. I've heard that can cause fractures, among other issues. I cut the wires back until I could pull the strands apart to ensure they weren't soldered, then crimped with a hammer die thatt I put in my press. I find I get much more consistent results and solid crimps using a 12 ton press vs. a hammer, even though it's the same die.
Great, thanks for your quick reply. I use a hammer die, but don't have a press, but will give it a shot. Where did you get the nice BMS sense 1/4" terminals, all I could find in my BC small town are the Pico brand.

Located in Ontario, Canada.

I am switching from a 12V to a 24V system for my bus, so I am selling two brand new JBD BMS ordered from Jaibada themselves, on Alibaba. Received a couple months ago. Since receiving them, I had hydraulically crimped the 6 leads coming off into 4AWG tinned Ancor lugs, and each of the 5 sense leads per BMS has been crimped with an adhesive-lined heat shrink 1/4" tinned connector. One of the BMS has been used to charge up my 12 cells once, prior to top balancing. The other has only been connected to ensure that it works and functions correctly. Besides that, they have not been used and are brand new. Everything is ready to plug and play!

Each BMS is $75 USD/$94 CAD
I need to get some sleep as it's nearly 3AM here, but I will gladly provide photos of it working, tomorrow! :)

I am in need of 4 more 280Ah EVE cells so I may complete my 16 cell 24V pack. I also need a 24V JBD BMS (I have other Arduinos using the JBD library, so it needs to be a JBD/Overkill BMS). Willing to figure out a trade + cash for either of those items.
I'm just moving towards cells to rebuild my RV system. Looks like a few people in your FS thread from ON (I'm near Collingwood)

I'm leaning toward the Overkill BMS but haven't done a lot of research yet. I do want to be able to get data from whatever I use though. Are you currently running JBD BMSs or was it just these two that you had purchased and not used? I have a Pi and a few Arduinos in my current setup. I'm staying with a 12v system for now and currently running 4x Fullriver AGM's.

I'm just moving towards cells to rebuild my RV system. Looks like a few people in your FS thread from ON (I'm near Collingwood)

I'm leaning toward the Overkill BMS but haven't done a lot of research yet. I do want to be able to get data from whatever I use though. Are you currently running JBD BMSs or was it just these two that you had purchased and not used? I have a Pi and a few Arduinos in my current setup. I'm staying with a 12v system for now and currently running 4x Fullriver AGM's.
Yup, I sold these 120A ones but am replacing them with the new 150A JBD BMS - bought them last night from Exliporc and they'll be here in a month. I love the JBD BMS and would always recommend them - the only thing I don't love is that they are FET based rather than giving the option to use a contactor, although that can be worked around by using multiple packs (I will have 2x 2p4s now) or by using a higher voltage (24v was what I was considering with my 16 cells, though it causes more headaches than it fixes for my particular application). That said, the JBD BMSes do seem to be rated at their actual constant output capability rather than overrated. I'll be living off-grid in a bus, so reliability is one of the main reasons I chose the JBD.

If you guys need any other components for your systems, I'd be happy to do a group order through Alibaba. I'm not sure if anyone there sells good quality stranded wire, but, I'll be needing quite a bit of that soon...

If you guys need any other components for your systems, I'd be happy to do a group order through Alibaba. I'm not sure if anyone there sells good quality stranded wire, but, I'll be needing quite a bit of that soon...
For the heavy gauge stranded I used welding cable from Princess Auto. I'm looking to convert to 8x cells in a 2p4s setup. I have 640w on the trailer now and will probably add a couple more panels. I'll need a couple of BMS units and probably 150A size. If others are getting BMS I'd join in on a buy.

We boondock with the RV in the winter in the US SW (in normal winters)

Last edited:
For the heavy gauged stranded I used welding cable from Princess Auto. I'm looking to convert to 8x cells in a 2p4s setup. I have 640w on the trailer now and will probably add a couple more panels. I'll need a couple of BMS units and probably 150A size. If others are getting BMS I'd join in on a buy.

We boondock with the RV in the winter in the US SW (in normal winters)

Yup, I got all my 4, 2, and 00 AWG there when it was on sale in December. Good products but the staff kept cutting me 4AWG and selling it as 2AWG... 3 times lol.

Where do you get your 12 and 10 gauge? There too?

Yup, I got all my 4, 2, and 00 AWG there when it was on sale in December. Good products but the staff kept cutting me 4AWG and selling it as 2AWG... 3 times lol.

Where do you get your 12 and 10 gauge? There too?
I had some audio cable sitting around for the lighter gauges. Don't have anything as light as 12 or 10 in the system. The panel wiring might be that light but I got that made for me with connectors at a residential solar shop nearby

Yup, I sold these 120A ones but am replacing them with the new 150A JBD BMS - bought them last night from Exliporc and they'll be here in a month. I love the JBD BMS and would always recommend them - the only thing I don't love is that they are FET based rather than giving the option to use a contactor, although that can be worked around by using multiple packs (I will have 2x 2p4s now) or by using a higher voltage (24v was what I was considering with my 16 cells, though it causes more headaches than it fixes for my particular application). That said, the JBD BMSes do seem to be rated at their actual constant output capability rather than overrated. I'll be living off-grid in a bus, so reliability is one of the main reasons I chose the JBD.
Do you have a link to where you ordered the BMS from? I want to get a couple of them. I also need to order 8 cells from a good supplier.

I see they have the 280aH cells too. Any reason you didn't order the 4 batteries from them that you said you needed?
I did! I sold some other cells I had, which would not work with the REPT ones I had lined up, but only did this recently. Concurrently with selling the EVE, really. Bought the new REPT alongside the BMSes from Expliporc. Great service all around.

Back