diy solar

diy solar

For SALE BMW 16s batteries...

Dacflyer

I have acquired 6 BMW 16s batteries.
In selling them for $200ea and what ever shipping would be. If interested let me know.

Attachments

• 20200612_152625.jpg
    20200612_152625.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200612_152737.jpg
    20200612_152737.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200612_154047.jpg
    20200612_154047.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 68
Yes, I did.. yesterday,, but shipping them was a real hassle..
Had to take them to UPS Freight depot.. you can't just take them to the local UPS depot.
Also if you don't have a ups account, it'll cost you like hell to send.
They quoted me over 600.00...
I got lucky. I was able to share some gracious persons freight account.
So it only cost me 250.00 to send to Florida. from NC
Plus you have to use your own pallet, or they will want to charge 79.00 for a pallet.
I can see now why BHU charges so much to send batteries..
Oh, Also sending batteries are a Class 9 hazmat item..
Maybe this info will help others if they need to send batteries.

I'm currently looking at buying some of these batteries from BHU and was just wondering why you sold yours. Was it the high voltage?
I have 1 of these also I would like to sale if you are interested

I have 1 of these also I would like to sale if you are interested
Just one? How much? Any why are you selling it? I'm wondering if its a bad idea to try and use 16s lithium-ion pack because the voltage is so high. BHU suggest cutting it down to 14s, but I'm not sure how to make that work (and they couldn't tell me) and by doing that I'm losing capacity. Having a hard time with this decision.

Just one? How much? Any why are you selling it? I'm wondering if its a bad idea to try and use 16s lithium-ion pack because the voltage is so high. BHU suggest cutting it down to 14s, but I'm not sure how to make that work (and they couldn't tell me) and by doing that I'm losing capacity. Having a hard time with this decision.
Yes I only have the 1, I would let it go for 200.00 plus the shipping. Have you purchased your inverter/charger yet I'm pretty sure there are several inverter/chargers that will work well with these batteries, my 12kw Growatt does not have the range to work well with these batteries, And I am already using Prismatic cells in a 16s configuration.

When did you buy yours? What is the manufacture date? I want to see if it’s from the same batch I’m getting from BHU.

When did you buy yours? What is the manufacture date? I want to see if it’s from the same batch I’m getting from BHU.
Where do I find the manufacture date on the battery and I purchased mine a little over a year ago

Where do I find the manufacture date on the battery and I purchased mine a little over a year ago
There should be a day code stamped on the side of the case like below. But I've decided not to use Lithium-Ion and instead use LifePo4.

1644080368515.png

I'm currently looking at buying some of these batteries from BHU and was just wondering why you sold yours. Was it the high voltage?
I sold them because i couldn't use them for 48v setup.. Voltage was too high for my use.. I think i let them go too cheap.. I used the money to buy other batteries.. I did good as those 16s were free.

Back