diy solar

diy solar

For sale: two 12v 100ah LiFePO4 drop-in batteries. Asking 500 ea, shipping extra

something is TERRIBLY not adding up here. So if the BMS is bad just replace them?
Well MrNatural posted above he did. So I would think the answer is yes?

Another guy is selling the prismatic cells. Eight for like a little over $100 each. 3.2v 280Ah but these you'd need BMS and the whole nine yards.
I bought my 8 cells from Michael in the group buy thread. I tested the capacity of my 24 volt bank and got 272ah's. I still think they are a good value. Many suppliers were selling these EVE cells but the supply has mostly dried up at least for now. So now they have moved on to the Lishen 272ah cells which so far are testing at their rated capacity and they cost less than EVE cells. The cells are not plug and play. They require preparation before putting them in series.

Anyhow, the reason I went the DIY route was so I would know what I have. I have become somewhat familiar with each cell in my pack simply by paying attention to the BMS voltages. I have come to know the BMS as well and bought it from Overkillsolar. Not to mention the knowledge I have gained from the other members on this forum, then applying that to my build to gain even more knowledge.

I don't know what to tell you regarding the deal the OP is offering and will not make the decision whether or not you should buy from him. Only you can decide. But it could end up being one hell of a good deal. Even if only one of the batteries is good. I could go on many different tangents. For example, IF both BMS's failed and the cells were over charged or discharged are the cells still good? Things like that. Good luck with whatever decision you decide on.

No because I don't know what you all are discussing privately. And I can only go by the OP's post. If the price is $500 for both then I would be cautious. But even if both BMS's are bad, and I am not saying they are in any way, it's still a good deal. Of course there is still risk involved.

Did he send you photos of the batteries? And if using paypal will you be protected? I am also curious why he hasn't updated the new price in this thread?
I think this is totally fascinating. People talking about my for sale post! awesome.

I started a new thread because I can't seem to edit or delete my original thread in any way. Show me how to do that and I will kill the old thread entirely and leave the new thread.

Pictures? Well, no I haven't sent them. The batteries are under the bed in my RV which is 1/2 buried in the snow dump we got this week. I'm not going to dig out my RV from the snow to take pictures for somebody lookey-loo. I'll dig it out and get the batteries for a sale.

I think this is totally fascinating. People talking about my for sale post! awesome.

I started a new thread because I can't seem to edit or delete my original thread in any way. Show me how to do that and I will kill the old thread entirely and leave the new thread.

Pictures? Well, no I haven't sent them. The batteries are under the bed in my RV which is 1/2 buried in the snow dump we got this week. I'm not going to dig out my RV from the snow to take pictures for somebody lookey-loo. I'll dig it out and get the batteries for a sale.
Ask a mod to delete this thread. And as far as photos goes, yes that would help you to make the sale and there might be more lookey-loo's interested. Was your RV in the snow when you started this thread back in June? You could go further and test the capacity and make sure the BMS LVD's and HVD's are working.

From what I understand: the BMS is the crappy one, and has no low-temp cutoff. So they are great cells+iffy BMS. People that aren't taxing the system by pulling high discharge, or operating in sub-freezing temps should be able to use them without even fixing the BMS. MY project will be pulling high discharge AND is located where sub-freezing charging is normal occurrence. So these don't work for me, I bought them thinking they would work; I was wrong.

I haven't swapped out the BMS because (as I've stated previously): I DONT HAVE TIME OR INCLINATION TO OPEN THEM UP THEM TO MAKE THEM WORK WITH MY PROJECT.
I don't like the idea of cutting open my permanently glued-shut battery box. For DIY, I like "DIY systems" not "DIY battery construction." As much as I've loved watching Will taking batteries apart, I don't want to do it myself.

I'm trying to recoup some of my original investment. If I could sell them at my original asking price, I would. However, no one on craiglist, FB Marketplace, or this forum thought those were a good price. So in order to get them off my back, I'm taking a bath on the price and offered them at a stupidly low asking pice. If someone really wanted to pay me something better for them, I'd GLADLY take it. But y'all a bunch of cheap bastahds.

Right now I have 3 people sending me emails about them asking questions. The first one that offers me above-asking and a plan/instruction/cost breakdown for how they want shipping will get these. (and that will make me break out the snow shovel and go get them from inside the RV)

Ask a mod to delete this thread. And as far as photos goes, yes that would help you to make the sale and there might be more lookey-loo's interested. Was your RV in the snow when you started this thread back in June? You could go further and test the capacity and make sure the BMS LVD's and HVD's are working.

Well, when I posted this thread in June they were sitting right next to me in my office, but I didn't think I'd need to take beauty shots of them at the time. With no activity on the thread I did what might be called "put them away", and then it snowed heavily. sheesh

Back