diy solar

diy solar

Forgot Password on my iphone for WatchPower, how do I recover a lost password.

DrDog

I had to install WatchPower on a new phone, and I cant remember my password. Does anyone know how you reset your password.

is the password actually in the mppsolar device or is it just a config passwword which is used by watchpower??
if it is just a watchpower password then a clean install (including any registry or user folder data) should reset it back to the default of administrator.

if it is part of the mpp solar then I would certainly expect there to be a reset via the front panel interface. the default wifi password from the manual is 12345678.

worst case would be to use the serial interface directly which has no password and you can change anything you want...

My problem is, i have lost access to my watchpower account (username and password) to which I've associated my box PN. If I try to create a new account and associate the same PN, I get an error that the PN is already been registered. There's no option to recover password

My problem is, i have lost access to my watchpower account (username and password) to which I've associated my box PN. If I try to create a new account and associate the same PN, I get an error that the PN is already been registered. There's no option to recover password
Put in a service request to MPP solar. They should be able to assist.

I use watchpower to chat directly via rs232 to my inverter (I also just use some python scripts to collect data) there is no password or username in the inverter; have you tried a clean install of watchpower and using an rs232 cable? That should gain you access to everything.

I use watchpower to chat directly via rs232 to my inverter (I also just use some python scripts to collect data) there is no password or username in the inverter; have you tried a clean install of watchpower and using an rs232 cable? That should gain you access to everything.
The issue is with the wireless mobile app. When I contacted MPP they unbound the wireless module which allowed me to bind it to a new registration

There is no password reset capability

Sorry I forgot to update the thread

The issue is with the wireless mobile app. When I contacted MPP they unbound the wireless module which allowed me to bind it to a new registration

There is no password reset capability

Sorry I forgot to update the thread
can you tell how you contacted them please? got the same issue with lost password on IOS watchpower (erased by mistake)

can you tell how you contacted them please? got the same issue with lost password on IOS watchpower (erased by mistake)
Take a picture of your inverter and serial number, and forward it to MPP solar support. If you bought from Watts247.com, then Ian can help you.

Take a picture of your inverter and serial number, and forward it to MPP solar support. If you bought from Watts247.com, then Ian can help you.
bought from local Ukraine dealer in May/2021 & everything was fine till today. there is an X on the screen in a line of password while entering, so that x was pressed by some part of mine. thought that e-mail entered on registration was that safe moment of opportunity of password recovery) thank you for support!

bought from local Ukraine dealer in May/2021 & everything was fine till today. there is an X on the screen in a line of password while entering, so that x was pressed by some part of mine. thought that e-mail entered on registration was that safe moment of opportunity of password recovery) thank you for support!
Stay safe my friend!

I see someone beat me to it, but yes I had to send a photo of the side plate (clearly legible) to support @ mppsolar. I want to second the hope that you stay safe

I see someone beat me to it, but yes I had to send a photo of the side plate (clearly legible) to support @ mppsolar. I want to second the hope that you stay safe
added screenshot with id visible on watchpower to support mail, ready to send that plate photo too, thx!

I had to install WatchPower on a new phone, and I cant remember my password. Does anyone know how you reset your password.
I found if watchpower fails to work you can Uninstall it and reinstall after a restart of your phone it will work.

I finally got mpp solar support to help me...they reset everything and I had to readd.

Back