diy solar

diy solar

Fortis Montana 5.5 kW wind turbine

ConDaly

Hi all, I recently purchased a Fortis Montana 5.5 kW wind turbine (second hand).
It is to have a spring on the tail to help in stormy weather.
Mine doesn't have the spring and as fortis are no longer trading I am having trouble getting one.
Does anyone here have or know anyone who has the same turbine or know anyone who can supply me with a replacement spring?
I would be so grateful.
Regards
Con

Hi all, I recently purchased a Fortis Montana 5.5 kW wind turbine (second hand).
It is to have a spring on the tail to help in stormy weather.
Mine doesn't have the spring and as fortis are no longer trading I am having trouble getting one.
Does anyone here have or know anyone who has the same turbine or know anyone who can supply me with a replacement spring?
I would be so grateful.
Regards
Con
About all I know to tell you to do is to keep your on eBay, etc. Perhaps even set up the automatic searches. There's plenty of used general wind turbine stuff that shows up there.

Also if you have any idea about the size and rating you can try to pick up one on McMaster Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/springs/

About all I know to tell you to do is to keep your on eBay, etc. Perhaps even set up the automatic searches. There's plenty of used general wind turbine stuff that shows up there.

Also if you have any idea about the size and rating you can try to pick up one on McMaster Carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/springs/
Hi
Thank you for the reply, I managed to find an ex engineer who told me that the spring only function was to slow the unwinding ot the feral. So he told me all I needed was a strong spring that will come into tension just before it was at 90 degrees to the blades. So I bought a trailer door spring and cut it down.
Hopefully that will be fine, I am having the turbine rewound now and should have the reforbished Montana up and running in about 2 weeks time. ??

Back