diy solar

diy solar

Fortune 100 vs. Calb 180, vs. Calb 230 cells. Which one to choose?

BillCaswell

I'm speaking with one U.S.-based reseller that speaks very highly of the Fortune 100 cells for many of the same reasons that Will Prowse likes them. They sell a ton of them and have them in stock. I'm also chatting with another U.S.-based reseller that speaks very highly of the CALB 180 cells because they come in a plastic case and are more friendly for boats. When I explained that my sailboat's battery compartment is far away from any water or splashing intrusion they also suggested the CALB 230 battery cell. He says that the manufacturing standards are higher and more precise as these cells are used in the Chinese domestic airline industry. He also says that the construction is done with many cut sheets inside the cell, and not just a rolled up battery that has been flattened to turn into a prismatic cell. I can't find any videos in the internet showing how these cells are made so can only imagine his points.

I am looking for any comparison testing that has been done or experience by people on this forum.

Thanks advance!

Last edited:
If I did the maths correctly, here is how much capacity I can potentially cram into my battery compartment.

1674262734264.png

Last edited:
Back