diy solar

diy solar

Fortune 205 AH LiFePo4 3.2V, 2C, Aluminum Enclosed Cells

gmoe01

I've decided to use the new Fortune 205 AH LiFePo4 cells for my sailboat. I'll be using 48 of them divided into 4 battery enclosures to create a 144 VDC, 205 AH main electrical bank for propulsion. The power density seems to be quite high compared to their 100 AH cell, so total weight and space requirement will be smaller with this new 205 AH Cell than the 100AH cell.

Has anyone used this Fortune 205 AH cell to create a high voltage battery bank? Any thoughts? Also, I'm going to use the Orion 2 BMS, configured for 48 cells, with thermistors on each cell. Does anyone have experience with Orion? Any issues with the bms?

Thanks very much.

We have decided against the Orion 2 System. It does not directly control pre-charge circuits, which we need for a 144 VDC system. Instead we will use one of the eLithium BMS units, which do directly control pre-charge units. Also, the electrical engineers at the Shipwright's Cooperative in Port Townsend have had great results with eLithium on sailboat electric drives.

We have decided against the Orion 2 System. It does not directly control pre-charge circuits, which we need for a 144 VDC system. Instead we will use one of the eLithium BMS units, which do directly control pre-charge units. Also, the electrical engineers at the Shipwright's Cooperative in Port Townsend have had great results with eLithium on sailboat electric drives.

I know this is an old thread.... but wondering about the Fortune 205ah cells...

I believe that Frey makes the 60ah and 100 ah cells marketed as 'Fortune' in America.

Who is making the 205ah cell? They seem like a different manufacturer ( based on the terminals and specs).

Are the terminals welded or integral studs, like the smaller batteries?

Regardless, the 205 ah seems like a great cell with much better energy density that the 100ah.

MP

Here is the link to the company that sells these cells. They are in Utah, and sell about 300,000 prismatic cells a year. Carl (the 83 yo owner) says that since he buys so many from China, he always gets his money back if there are flawed cells... so he guarantees them to us. This is his favorite cell.
He has a great discount schedule, and is interested in Marine applications.
My batteries turned out fantastic... these cells are generation 2 of FePo4, so have a higher energy density than in the past.

Good luck.

Back