diy solar

diy solar

Forum Bingo

I always reassert that there is no stupid question, except for the one that is not asked ! Not everyone knows everything and not everyone can retain the volume of information when dealing with something "new & different" from what they are used to. All walks of life thing. Most people listen and take it in like you Solarfun4jim but some do just want to argue points, even needling spelling & grammar just cause (results in immediate ignore).

I love to see people get excited when they realize they CAN do it and gain some freedom & independence for themselves. Plus being a GREENY MYSELF, I like to see folks get off dependency on pollution causing stuff so that everyone's kids may have a better future & that my grandchildren have one as well. Generating your own clean power is freedom & independence from the outside and not being subjected to the whims of some corporate or government and their mood swings and self imposed troubles.

You know, it feels great to hit the light switch and know your equipment generated it and it's all yours, especially when you look down the highway and see griddling's in a blackout. Priceless !

Sounds like we need a wiki to complement the forum. We can have more contributors to a wiki than FAQ/sticky, which is limited to admins. It would be a nice destination of clearly organized information while still being dynamic and evolving. And, we can cross-link between the forum and the wiki.

It's impossible to win. I have 3 in a row, but was knocked off the first one by the OP being thankful for my post. Can paying for solar be a more depressing topic (#5)? And I don't have a lathe. For #6, the only motor I have is my compressor, and I opted to not include it in the 10 critical load circuits I chose to avoid the very problem that OP is having. I can only dream of owning a lathe.

1586398773692.png

Sure do. When I did a forum stats snapshot on Monday you accounted for 3.73% of all posts on the forum (and you were 0.015% of the membership). You're definitely a fire phasers and photons full spread kind of guy. :)
Yeah... I get locked in on posting assistance on forums... I’m over 28K posts over the last 20 years on the Mercedes diesel page... 10K posts on the HVAC forum, and over 5K posts on the chevy diesel forum...

One would think I don’t ever do anything but post.

Sounds like we need a wiki to complement the forum. We can have more contributors to a wiki than FAQ/sticky, which is limited to admins. It would be a nice destination of clearly organized information while still being dynamic and evolving. And, we can cross-link between the forum and the wiki.
I think this is a great idea!! There is so much information on this forum, but it is such a cluster to try to find it. I have suggested some topics, but they don’t seem to get traction. There seems to about a dozen of you that do the heavy lifting here; you must be getting tired of answering the same questions? Please start the Wiki, incorporate the FAQ in to it. And I hope we can put everyone’s shipping questions and stories on another Galaxy. OK, end of my mini rant; I appreciate this forum and what I have learned; Thanks!

I think this is a great idea!! There is so much information on this forum, but it is such a cluster to try to find it. I have suggested some topics, but they don’t seem to get traction. There seems to about a dozen of you that do the heavy lifting here; you must be getting tired of answering the same questions? Please start the Wiki, incorporate the FAQ in to it. And I hope we can put everyone’s shipping questions and stories on another Galaxy. OK, end of my mini rant; I appreciate this forum and what I have learned; Thanks!
I'll run it by @Will Prowse when I have time to help create it.

I suspect it would be harder to get it more organized than the FAQ section...although some of those threads could do with some pruning and edits.

Back