diy solar

diy solar

Found a website interface, for the MPP Solar WatchPower app data

thedman

I hadn't seen this posted, so if it's old news, I apologize.

Recently I was without my phone for a bit and wanted to check remotely on my setup at the cabin. I wished there was a simple way to view the info I see from the WatchPower app on my PC.

I went through my router logs to see where the app was requesting and getting into data from - turns out its a location called: shinemonitor.com. logging in with my app name/pass I was able to dig down and find the info the app shows (and a bit more).

I posted a pic - dig down on the left to your location, hit the device management tab, then the data details tab. Every five minuts it dumps the data logs from your All-In_one.

1633447537376.png

Attachments

• 1633447276871.png
    1633447276871.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 69
This is cool, great find. Strange that this is totally undocumented? :unsure:

Any ideas on how to get the data any other way via wifi? - modbus / MQTT

Was hoping i could capture the data via wifi and export into pvoutput.org.
So far it looks as though the only way to do this is via serial cable to a Rasp Pi running mpp-solar.

This is cool, great find. Strange that this is totally undocumented? :unsure:

Any ideas on how to get the data any other way via wifi? - modbus / MQTT

Was hoping i could capture the data via wifi and export into pvoutput.org.
So far it looks as though the only way to do this is via serial cable to a Rasp Pi running mpp-solar.
mqtt / serial is the way to go.
multiple solutions available, i use jblanche's little python library

OMG, this is fantastic!! I've been very frustrated with both the Android app and the Windows 10 app. This is exactly what I was hoping to find!
Great sleuthing @thedman ! Thanks very much for posting this!!

Check out my post.. even better? :p

as a side notem when I added my wifi dongle using the Smart ESS Client app the data wen to this SHine Monitor site. Note the difference with SmartESS and SmartESS Client both are available for android. the first one seemed to be a nice platform. see screenshots on the link below

Check out my post.. even better? :p
Timely! My data stopped making it to the Shinemonitor website, and the app for some reason AGAIN! It's happened before, but this time I am at a complete loss as to way it stopped working, or how to get it to work again. Last time it kicked back in when I reconfigured LV6548 wifi settings, which is a real pain in the butt! This time it's still not seeing any data. I've been back to using WatchTower and am very frustrated with it.

All that to say, thanks for posting this here pointing us to your post on another possible solution. Maybe I'll have better luck with that!

so just your user name and password? ive tried logging in through shinemonitor but it says cant find username but when i register it says my account already exists,lol. im trying this because watchpower stopped working, ugh!

I get virus warnings at this site, no thanks.
you sure its not just your computer? i tried this from 3 different computers and never got a warning. go to a friends house and try logging in there, lol. i like the site over the app. the graphs and power usage actually work and i have more options on what i can change.

So to make this app work, do you still need to have the inverter WiFi module connected in watchpowernas my issue is it just won't connect. It was connected just fine until yesterday and now won't come online anymore yet it still shows in my WiFi networks list and my phone will connect to it ok but watchtower keeps failing at the last step as attached.

Just registered for this smartclient and it also shows as my inverter being offline but can't see anyway to connect it in this app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-27-09-20-34-469_wifiapp.volfw.watchpower.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-27-09-20-34-469_wifiapp.volfw.watchpower.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2023-01-27-09-20-40-530_wifiapp.volfw.watchpower.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-27-09-20-40-530_wifiapp.volfw.watchpower.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 16
i really hate the way those are set up. last time hat happened to me i had to start over with a new install. i think the servers get maintained every so often and they just go offline for days. when i stopped thinking something was wrong and messing with stuff, all was well a few days later.

i really hate the way those are set up. last time hat happened to me i had to start over with a new install. i think the servers get maintained every so often and they just go offline for days. when i stopped thinking something was wrong and messing with stuff, all was well a few days later.
Funnily enough after giving up mine also came back online some hours later in Watchpower However it still shows as offline in Smartclient.

did you try dessmonitor.com? ive found it is better than watch power and has so much more to offer.

Back