diy solar

diy solar

Found this gem on ebay

OMG....

"put this guy into your house, no body will doubt you, they just feel excited & amazing, want to touch "

Here is the website for it.

Claims to be off-grid. Don't see any hint of grid-tie capability. CE certified (which means nothing since CE is self certified), no US or 3rd party approvals (UL, CUL, TUV etc.) bothers me me more than a bit if you plan on installing this in your home.

They even make a 30KW version which looks like a home brew unit to be honest.

I also don't see a dataplate (manufacturer Name, Location, Model # and Serial #) on it anywhere which means it may not even be legal to sell in the USA. The NFA and NEC apply everywhere, not just for grid-tie equipment.

The fact there is no on-line documentation available on that website makes me go hmmm also.

I wouldn't buy it.

Good to see Powerjack reseller marketing is up to the same high quality as the inverters.

If someone has left their brain out and is genuinely considering purchasing a Powerjack inverter buy it from Genetry Solar (I get no kick back from this). He has built his entire business on pre-fixing powerjack inverters before they make it to you, so they at least have a chance of working.

They even make a 30KW version which looks like a home brew unit to be honest.
That's normal for this junk. It all looks like it was put together by some Chinese men in a shed, and they probably were. If you want to snigger more, calculate the heat it has to get rid of when it allegedly produces 30kW continuous ... and then do the same with the even more ridiculous 60 or 100kW surge fantasy rating.

Makes the oven in your kitchen cower in shame. :LOL:

Good to see Powerjack reseller marketing is up to the same high quality as the inverters.

If someone has left their brain out and is genuinely considering purchasing a Powerjack inverter buy it from Genetry Solar (I get no kick back from this). He has built his entire business on pre-fixing powerjack inverters before they make it to you, so they at least have a chance of working.

Thanks for that. Been trying to help neighbor with running his beastly 3hp deep well pump (60A surge at 230VAC), and it looks like we're gravitating to the Sigineer 6kW 24V unit (18kW surge for 20 seconds). Sig has confirmed the unit can easily handle the surge. Run is only 12A. Literally the only purpose for this inverter is to run his pump off 4kW solar and his 24kWh 24V battery made of beastly single cells instead of his 24kW diesel genny.

I don't see anything at Genetry that would fit the bill, but I like having more options.

I would like people visiting my house to feel excited and want to touch me, wait, touch me or my inverter? If it's touching me, I'm in!!
I would be afraid that touching that inverter might be literally hair curling.

Christ, the spelling and grammar on that listing is truly appalling.

That always happens when running Chinese, and many other languages, through Google translate. Someone that knows both Chinese and English could do pretty well offering translation services I would think. I'm sure many would be purchasers are scared off by the translations. Plus the spotty history of buying direct, more or less, from unknown vendors and manufacturers.

Powerjack is often 1/4 of the specified rating. The bloke from Genetry has put up quite a few youtube clips testing stock powerjack inverters and that's often the finding.

Interestingly he has commissioned his own control board since I last paid attention to the youtube channel. Previously he only had a replacement front panel display board. His latest clips talk about his 5kW version. The only powerjack parts left apart from connectors is the FET boards and transformer. If you want an inverter from essentially a one-man-show these might be feasible. I think he is running into poor magentics with the power transformer though. Hope powerjack doesn't stab him in the back too.

Back