diy solar

diy solar

FREE: Large UPS battery cabinets (4 in Atlanta)

ngds

Been a fan of Will's videos for awhile and I'm currently replacing a 400kva UPS system. We're scrapping all of the old UPS system and I realized the battery cabinets might be awesome for someone's project.

They each support 30x large batteries and the array previously had 120 DataSafe 12HX505-FR SLA batteries in them in 4x parallel. That model battery should be a good indication of measurements of what you could put in these. Each cabinet has a 400A breaker, 500A fuse, and a set of cables to string 30 batteries in series. There is also an end cabinet with bus bars that tie them all together with its own breaker.

Please repost to wherever someone might be interested in these, take one or take them all...I'd rather give them to someone for a project than drop them at the salvage yard.

They are located on the northwest side of Atlanta and we have a loading dock to make pickup easier, but they are still heavy steel so be prepared. I can hang on to them for maybe 3 weeks before they need to be out of the way.

More pictures here

Attachments

• 20-09-14 15-45-49 8636.jpg
    20-09-14 15-45-49 8636.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 27
Awesome. I'm gonna be in Atlanta this weekend but I have no need or space for something like that. I am lusting after that pile of battery cables, but I'm just a copper junkie I think.

Assuming this is a setup at a datacenter. I need a new case for my NAS, got anything kicking around that might help me? Short depth LFF chassis would be rad.

Back