diy solar

diy solar

fronius ohmpilot diy

xjust

Anybody did a diy version of ohmpilot for 3kW heating elements ?

I am thinking tasmota led control with phase angle control + SSR and mqtt setpoint from nodered (based on info from the inverter's smart meter api data)
Not really sure if mqtt can run at the same time with the gathering of phase control input.
Any recommendation to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

It is indeed pricey, the problem is not the price, but the fact that it only can modulate 1 phase out of 3.
The rest of two are just 2 relays. For 800+ Euros :)
Mk2PV router is too complex for my application also, and I already have the data from the inverter. No need to install any other clamps.

Anyway, after a lot of digging I came across this link:

Will report back once the parts arrive.

It is indeed pricey, the problem is not the price, but the fact that it only can modulate 1 phase out of 3.
Not sure what you mean by modulate.

Do you mean monitoring all 3 phases and adjusting power according to the net power flow across all phases?

There are diverters which do this. Mine doesn't but in my case that's no big deal. It's pretty much the only load on that phase and 1/3rd of my Symo 10 output is sufficient most of the time - and when it's not it will use overnight off peak to boost as required.

Anybody did a diy version of ohmpilot for 3kW heating elements ?

I am thinking tasmota led control with phase angle control + SSR and mqtt setpoint from nodered (based on info from the inverter's smart meter api data)
Not really sure if mqtt can run at the same time with the gathering of phase control input.
Any recommendation to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.
A while ago I published some logging files that document the Modbus communication between the ohmpilot and my GEN24 hybrid inverter. Please see: https://github.com/roelof4/Ohmpilot
Before getting the ohmpilot device I did a DIY system that did something similar consisting of microcontroller which communicated with the GEN24. If there is interest I will put it on github.

Back